2013/05/25 22:08:11
Kev999
My mistake.  I have loaded hundreds of SFZ files into Rapture without ever worrying about the sample format.  Since I never had any issues, I naturally (and wrongly) assumed that the sample format was irrelevant.  Evidently I have the wrong idea about the way SFZ works in Rapture.
2013/05/25 22:38:49
Bugai
"Here is the feature request form from the sticky on how to contact Cakewalk directly http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/FeatureRequest.asp"

Thanks, posted.
(sorry, how you do post quote ?)) especially the part)
2013/05/25 23:13:12
Paul P
I took the opposite route and converted all flac files to wav's (and fixed DimPro's sfz files).

Why incur needless decompression ? Space is cheap.

I find the mix of flac and wav and the patches necessary to handle the situation a bit of a mess.

2013/05/25 23:18:34
scook
Bugai, the forum is very picky about browsers. Chrome seems a popular choice.
2013/05/26 01:04:41
Bugai
Paul P
Fix each preset manually this is an extremal variant.
  Convert all flacs it is not difficult of course, but (if i understand correctly) need also *.sfz fixed. And this process is not so easy to automate.  

scook
Yeah, I thought that something with the browser (i use Opera, last version)
2013/05/26 01:13:12
scook
Did you read the the posts at the bottom of page of the kvr thread I linked above? You can get the wav based sfz's if you wish.
2013/05/26 01:38:00
Bugai
scook

Did you read the the posts at the bottom of page of the kvr thread I linked above? You can get the wav based sfz's if you wish.

Oh, right. Can use the old sfz`s (not was read kvr discussion, just came to mind after your post)

However, in this case, I'm not sure of the correctness of this method, just in case leave it as is . lol
2013/05/26 01:48:02
scook
I do not think you would have a problem but you need to feel good about your decision. I always recommend that one keep good backups to rollback any changes, just in case.
2013/05/26 04:08:07
Bugai
scook In any case, thank you, гnder this topic, theme probably exhausted itself.
2013/05/26 09:48:35
Paul P
Bugai : "Fix each preset manually this is an extremal variant.
Convert all flacs it is not difficult of course, but (if i understand correctly) need also *.sfz fixed.
And this process is not so easy to automate."

With grepWin, it takes just a few seconds. Just tell it to replace all occurances of ".flac" with ".wav" and it will fix everything in one shot.

I'd make a copy of your folders before playing with them.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account