• Software
  • MixCraft may as well be Sonar.
2017/11/25 18:50:34
Unknowen
Try it! its a scaled down Sonar... this is a fast review... 
Used Cakewalk plugs all my plugs look like that work... 
My old IK moog works!
free for 14 days! and right now $99 for pro....

I really hope you folks look at this before buying anything...

2017/11/25 18:53:20
Sacalait
The demo with the built-in plugins sounds great!  I like the fact that they're a small but passionate company.  I don't think they're owned by some massively in-debt corporation either. 
2017/11/25 19:39:49
mosspa
11Dreams
Try it! its a scaled down Sonar... this is a fast review... 

If this were a Cubase, Pro Tools, or Studio One forum, and the DAW of affection had just been Gibsoned, I can see members making exactly the same statement in regard to their favorite DAW (except for Pro Tools, where members who tried it would probably call Mixcraft a "scaled-up" version).  I think this kind of reaction to Mixcraft is mostly psychological.  All linear DAWs share more features than they exclude.  What Mixcraft does, better than any other platform, IMO, is make all of those shared features much more intuitive.  If you have used another DAW, you know what you are trying to do.  When you open Mixcraft, your brain makes guesses as to how to make it do what you want, and probably more than 90% of the time, your brain's first guess is correct.  This, is what yields the illusion of DAW scaling.  For bread and butter tasks like laying down VSTi tracks, audio tracks, assembling clips, and editing MIDI or audio tracks, RTFM is, simply, not required for most people.  It wasn't until Mixcraft 7 that I ever even looked at the manual, and that was only as a guide for using some of the newer features of that release (the fact that Acoustica provided a full hard-copy manual with the Pro version of 7, is probably why I even bothered looking there in the first place).  Mixcraft has even been an innovator in providing useful features in its interface.  For example, Mixcraft had refined "Musical Typing" on a QWERTY keyboard three years before it appeared in Sonar, it out ACIDed ACID for track envelope drawing at least from Version 3 (the first I tried, and at about the same time ACID 7 was starting to behave like a DAW), and, since it is primarily a DAW and not a video NLE, it has continually out VEGASed VEGAS in providing a way to score complex musical tracks for video, something that it does better than probably any DAW other than Digital Performer.

Mixcraft isn't Sonar, nor is it any other high-end DAW.  Mixcraft is, well..., Mixcraft, and there is a lot to love about it.  I suggest that skeptics heed 11Dreams advice and just "Try it!" 
2017/11/25 20:13:25
Unknowen
hey, Well you could be right about that "all DAWs are around the same".
I tested ProTool last night and this morning. It is easy to use. But that hasn't been a problem for me this time around.
It feels dated. and for $1000.00 not on sale or other ways they push it is over hipped!
VS.
MixCraft ($179.00 Not on sale) even if they did fail... you still avoided having to upgrade to the NEXT ProTools.

I was with Sonar for many reasons and MixCraft fits better for me right now.
I put this post up to hear what people who have it or use it would hopefully give feed back. 
MixCraft has been around since like 98. so there is a track record. 

Both ProTools and MixCraft where simple to install. I like that.
Both seem solid! 

I'm still not done looking... :)

Peace! :)
2017/11/25 20:15:09
Unknowen
Sacalait
The demo with the built-in plugins sounds great!  I like the fact that they're a small but passionate company.  I don't think they're owned by some massively in-debt corporation either. 

hum? built in plugins? I just selected the folders and hit scan VSTs :) 
2017/11/25 20:45:50
snookerc
I haven't seen anything yet that impresses me the way Sonar's ProChannel does :-(
2017/11/25 20:52:59
FemcanLana
How's the video editing part? It kinda sparked my interest
2017/11/25 22:31:58
bitflipper
I, too, was quite impressed by Mixcraft. In my mind, it had been a dumbed-down DAW for singer-songwriters. But that was based on a long-ago quick look, now outdated. So many great features now. I feel like I could slip into it effortlessly, probably more so than any other DAW.

Having an Android app for remote transport control is a plus, since I've yet to replace my beloved Tranzport that died with Windows 7. Presonus has an app, too, but only for iOS. I'm not going to by an iPad for that.

Don't know about video, though.
2017/11/25 22:45:11
mcdoma2000
11Dreams
MixCraft ($179.00 Not on sale) even if they did fail... you still avoided having to upgrade to the NEXT ProTools.

If you go to their web site, they are offering MixCraft Pro for $99.00 dollars (for the weekend), that sounds pretty darned good. See http://forum.cakewalk.com/Message-from-Acoustica-making-the-case-for-Mixcraft-8-Pro-Studio-m3693373.aspx for more information.

2017/11/25 23:13:18
bitflipper

Presonus has an app, too, but only for iOS. I'm not going to by an iPad for that.

Not true, it is available for android as well, I am running it on android. I don't get how people come to the conclusions they do, they must obviously not look or give anything a thorough try, it's bewildering. The info is available right there in your face. it says it straight up.

https://www.presonus.com/.oducts/Studio-One-Remote

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account