• Software
  • MixCraft may as well be Sonar. (p.2)
2017/11/25 23:25:04
John
There is also Studio One remote for Windows. https://www.presonus.com/...o-One-Remote/downloads
2017/11/25 23:31:41
S.L.I.P.
Please check out the Mixcraft thread in the Software forum:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Mixcraft-m3690010.aspx
2017/11/25 23:53:28
Cactus Music
It's way behind Sonar but might grow in a few years,, It did have one feature I wished Sonar had, in the PVR the note names show inside the note graphics or what ever they are called. Of all the DAW's I've demoed so far it's the only one I actually liked right away. But I don't need it. 
2017/11/26 00:20:33
RichBtt63
Started out using Mixcraft 6 as I just wanted to get ideas down for  the rest of the band ready for rehearsals but as I got more into it I purchased Cubase Elements which was a significant step to make. Knowing what I was missing out on with not being able to buy Cubase Pro outright I came across Cakewalks subscription offer & found everything about Sonar a joy to work with.

Got me thinking as a company like Magix have survived okay & they charge £449.99 for their Samplitude  Pro X3 Suite
2017/11/26 00:34:39
dubdisciple
I love the presonus remote. I use on Windows and Android all the time
2017/11/26 05:36:04
Sacalait
I bought it tonight because it was on sale for $99 US.  My initial impression:

I spent a couple of hours on it.  It seems that if you're doing straight up "tape machine" type recording, it's fine. 

It's pretty intuitive.  I got around to creating tracks, importing audio, adding effects, and adjusting things pretty quickly. 

I'll give it a shot but will probably get Studio One as well.

2017/11/26 05:52:25
AT
It looks more like SONAR 8.5 with some nice additions from later version.  Docking, for example, which is integral to the way I work.  I thought I saw a matrix type thing.

Something SONAR never had - nice video tutorials that give you the basics and goes slowly.  Not that I need a lot of the beginner stuff and "What is aVSTi's," but it is nice to follow a project from the start and go, "yea, that is right and that is different." IF SONAR had similar tutorials about half the forum post would be gone where newbies asked exactly those kind of questions.  Excellent stuff, Acoustica.

Anyone thinking of the program ought to check out the videos.
2017/11/26 05:59:47
backwoods
fade ins/outs and clip volume control is not very good in mixcraft compared with sonar
2017/11/26 15:11:22
aconte22
Hi FemcanLana,
Regarding video editing, Mixcraft 8 supports MP4, WMV, AVI, WMA and OGG. You can edit video the same way you edit audio using cut, copy, paste, extend, frame cross fades, and insert images and text. Text can be static or in motion, fade in/out, drop shadow, horizontal, vertical. 25 Transition effects. One click simultaneous publishing to Youtube, Vimeo. 
FemcanLana
How's the video editing part? It kinda sparked my interest

2017/11/26 17:20:50
FemcanLana
aconte22
Hi FemcanLana,
Regarding video editing, Mixcraft 8 supports MP4, WMV, AVI, WMA and OGG. You can edit video the same way you edit audio using cut, copy, paste, extend, frame cross fades, and insert images and text. Text can be static or in motion, fade in/out, drop shadow, horizontal, vertical. 25 Transition effects. One click simultaneous publishing to Youtube, Vimeo. 
FemcanLana
How's the video editing part? It kinda sparked my interest

Thank you! Does it handle gif pics?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account