• Software
  • MixCraft may as well be Sonar. (p.6)
2017/11/29 14:47:13
bandso
Mixcraft does not allow you to zoom down to sample level yet. That is crucial to properly place in drum samples over top of live drums. I've asked for it several times over the last few years, but the developers don't seem to have that improvement on their radar. I can still use slate trigger or melodyne to convert drum hits to midi, but I though it was worth mentioning to those who are thinking of switching. 
2017/11/29 14:52:37
Starise
I downloaded it last night as a purchase. I'm glad I did. I believe it might be a keeper for fast audio simple synth track work. Might be better for much more, but right now I'm viewing it as a great way to assemble music which I might then, move into something else for final master.

The asking price during the sale is a real bargain. My advice: Buy at least a few daws with different strengths. These year end deals are a good way to jump into a few for less.
2017/11/29 14:54:57
bandso
Also with Mixcraft there isn't a tool that will let you edit audio across multiple tracks like Audio Snap. You can place edit markers and adjust a single audio track at a time, but you cant lock them together and slide entire groups of audio (think multi track drum editing). 

2017/11/29 23:10:09
TPayton

AT
Better latency than 1.5 ms?  That is pretty fast.

Sorry, I think I did not express that well. With my machine I am getting nowhere near 1.5 ms. What I should have typed was--- My Scarlett 18i20 shows better latency figures in Mixcraft than it did running in Sonar. Excuse the inaccuracy.
2017/11/29 23:22:39
riojazz
bitflipper
So far everything I've tried in Mixcraft has been a breeze. Except one: there seems to be no way to edit multiple MIDI tracks at once. I'm holding out hope that I've just missed something, because that would be a showstopper. If somebody's figure that out, please let me know.

It was answered in (yet) another thread that Mixcraft (which I like so far) does not allow this.  You can only see the one MIDI track at a time.  That was the answer by aconte22.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account