2013/05/03 15:35:12
MUSE
Despite being sold as a super modern plugin it's been in the doldrums for years with no support or development. In particular it's not supported for modern Macs which is a real pain. It sorely needs an update  - why is it so neglected?
2013/05/04 02:08:27
Bristol_Jonesey
What sort of things would you like?

Th basic Rapture engine is fine, works exactly as it should and Cakewalk have in the past released additional soundpacks/patches for it.
2013/05/18 11:50:48
mcdonalk
Although not the most powerful SW synthesizer, I believe that Rapture is both a classic and a work of genius, both for quality of sound, and a feature set that is wisely selected and makes Rapture very easy to use. I have mixed feelings about Cakewalk "improving" it. However, features that I could use are free-running LFO's and envelopes to control the X/Y pad.
2013/05/18 12:20:28
thunderkyss
I think all he wants is support for newer Macs
2013/05/18 17:02:19
AT
Yea, an update wouldn't hurt tho I don't use a mac.  Cake did a good job with Z3TA 2, but I wouldn't want them to go whole hog unless they added something like a granular engine.  But definately expansion packs. As w/ any rompler, new programs and sounds are like an update.

@
2013/05/19 08:54:29
b rock

An assignable Step Sequencer (or two).  Series / parallel blending. Tabbed alongside the Global StepSeq.

With Smoothing, it's an LFO(s).  With One Shot (maybe a sustain point), it's an EG(s). With Step, it's event triggers.  If screen real estate becomes a real problem, simply add it as a source in the Modulation Matrix.  Then reconfigure the Global StepSeq for dual purpose.
2013/05/20 07:31:51
keith
Lack of Mac support beyond 10.6.8 is a real shame, cuz Rapture and Dim Pro are both excellent low-cost solutions, IMO, especially Rapture, which I always had a thing for... I don't care how good the latest compressor FX are reported to be, etc., I refuse to get sucked into cake's lack of commitment to mac, as demonstrated by Rapture and DimPro end-of-life (for no good reason, as far as I'm concerned), and will not be buying any cake synths and FX. I did snag zeta 2 for a cheap upgrade price, but I won't be using it, unfortunately. I'm x-platform at this point, just cuz I love me some MacBook Pro, and I need my software vendors who purport to support both platforms to actually demonstrate commitment to such.  
2013/05/20 15:14:22
fr4ncesco
b rock

An assignable Step Sequencer (or two).  Series / parallel blending. Tabbed alongside the Global StepSeq.

With Smoothing, it's an LFO(s).  With One Shot (maybe a sustain point), it's an EG(s). With Step, it's event triggers.  If screen real estate becomes a real problem, simply add it as a source in the Modulation Matrix.  Then reconfigure the Global StepSeq for dual purpose.

- arpeggiator (global, per element would be terrific)
- assignable eg/step sequencer (same request as b rock)
- additional filter types 
- mix setting for Filter1 and Filter2 in each element when run in parallel
- additional algorithms for the dsp section 
- link the filter/dsp settings fore more elements, or insert a master filter/dsp section
- probability-based step sequencer (each step value is a percentage for the step to be triggered)

2013/05/20 18:48:46
Fog
did ya put in a feature request, my old friend ? :-)

2013/05/21 03:28:06
fr4ncesco
hi paul thanks for the suggestion just sent
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account