• Software
  • Where are you in your search for a new DAW? (p.7)
2017/11/27 02:42:54
kitekrazy1
Latest issue of Music Tech gives it 9/10
2017/11/27 02:51:28
telecharge
djwayne
I tried many bought Cubase Elements then tried out Mixcraft....I loved Mixcraft from the very first look at the demo. I had a few problems with the 64 bit version, uninstalled it and installed the 32 bit version and everything then worked great.

That's a bit troubling since 32-bit is on the way out. Some plug-ins are now releasing only 64-bit versions.

I remember from Mixcraft Pro Studio 7 that while you can install a 64-bit version, they recommend 32-bit during installation.
2017/11/27 03:00:16
kitekrazy1
telecharge
djwayne
I tried many bought Cubase Elements then tried out Mixcraft....I loved Mixcraft from the very first look at the demo. I had a few problems with the 64 bit version, uninstalled it and installed the 32 bit version and everything then worked great.

That's a bit troubling since 32-bit is on the way out. Some plug-ins are now releasing only 64-bit versions.

I remember from Mixcraft Pro Studio 7 that while you can install a 64-bit version, they recommend 32-bit during installation.

I've only encountered IK not having 32 bit. When Live 8 came out they also recommended 32 bit. 

I say the issue is not with Mixcraft if you can't run 64 bit.
2017/11/27 03:03:19
abacab
I think that the only mainstream DAW choices left are Cubase, Logic, and Studio One.

There are many other good alternatives for secondary DAW use, or live use, but these three seem to all have the core feature sets that one would look for in a full featured DAW.  Well there was that Sonar thingy for a while, but...
2017/11/27 03:25:43
telecharge
kitekrazy1
 I've only encountered IK not having 32 bit. When Live 8 came out they also recommended 32 bit. 

I say the issue is not with Mixcraft if you can't run 64 bit.

I'm not looking to mix it up with you, as I really don't have a dog in this fight. But Live 8 came out in 2009, and we're talking about what's happening now and looking forward.
2017/11/27 03:36:08
djwayne
Well I am running an older computer with i3 processor which is not the best available now days, so it may be a problem with my computer. 

2017/11/27 04:23:06
djwayne
Here's a little loop I made in Mixcraft from their library in about 15 minutes.....

https://soundcloud.com/djwayne2000/loop-jam
2017/11/27 06:35:35
djwayne
wow...I just tried importing some loop files from Audition's Loopology program into Mixcraft...it worked !!! Because I have the Loopology program, I'll be able to import and work with 1000's of royalty free loops from that program. This is huge !!!!!!!!!
2017/11/27 07:21:24
djwayne
I was also able to import loops and one hit samples from Sonar X2 program....awesome !!!
2017/11/27 07:45:42
Leee
I'm also sticking with SPlat for as long it continues to function.
I've also downloaded the trial versions of all of the DAWs mentioned in this thread.
I uninstalled Digital Performer after a day of trying to read the tiny font size on it's interface.
I gave up on the others as well.  The only one that I am continuing to try out is Studio One. (I even completed a whole song with it)  It's got the easiest learning curve, and while I think it's GUI is crap compared to Sonar Platinum, it does everything I need it to do.  So yeah, Studio One is my first choice if and when Sonar becomes unusable.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account