• Software
  • Studio One looks WAY too crude
2017/11/25 20:01:57
guitz
Yes it's all about the sound and features, but the look of SONAR was so refined, and so advanced...with everything dockable and the great way you could add what you want to the transport bar among many other things. And the great way you could expand and collapse the pro channel view (itself, a huge drawing point). Excellent graphics that felt high end. The complete opposite of what I see with Presonus crude looking softare. It looks like something from about 15 years ago. So while I'll keep plugging away with Splat for a while (maybe, the idea of using dead software is not appealing, knowing how fast innovation changes), I'd like something else as sharp to the eye as SONAR is. Cubase seems to be close but I don't know customizable the transport bar is.
2017/11/25 20:07:08
doncolga
Which S1 are you looking at?  I've experienced quite the opposite after being in Studio One since the Spring and peeking back into Sonar occasionally.

The first thing that I liked massively about S1 was track management.  It was much easier for me to very easily manage large track count projects.
2017/11/25 20:08:47
guitz
doncolga
Which S1 are you looking at?  I've experienced quite the opposite after being in Studio One since the Spring and peeking back into Sonar occasionally.

The first thing that I liked massively about S1 was track management.  It was much easier for me to very easily manage large track count projects.

the downloaded demo...it feels flat ...like basic looking software, no sort of '3 dimensionality' to the look and feel the way Splat has. Hated, hated it.
2017/11/25 20:36:06
doncolga
Hmmm...interesting...

2017/11/25 20:59:11
snookerc
guitz
the downloaded demo...it feels flat ...like basic looking software, no sort of '3 dimensionality' to the look and feel the way Splat has. Hated, hated it.

I second this emotion.  It made it difficult for an old dude like me to read.  Even with the contrast/luminescence settings changed in the settings. 
2017/11/25 21:04:18
rodreb
I felt Studio One looked "cartoony". I just finished watching some videos on Cubase and, it looks better. NOTHING (IMHO) looks even remotely as good as Sonar Platinum.
2017/11/25 21:04:48
june61944
I like the UI for Studio One...it actually looks quite current to my eyes.  Can't say I feel the same way about Mixcraft though.  Very different designs/designers.
2017/11/25 21:10:30
doncolga
june61944
I like the UI for Studio One...it actually looks quite current to my eyes.  Can't say I feel the same way about Mixcraft though.  Very different designs/designers.

Yes, I like it a lot too.  Interesting how different preferences can be for UI's.  This is like Ford VS Chevy, LOL!

2017/11/25 22:09:59
snookerc
rodreb
I felt Studio One looked "cartoony". I just finished watching some videos on Cubase and, it looks better. NOTHING (IMHO) looks even remotely as good as Sonar Platinum.

I do think Cubase and Digital Performer seem to be the most feature-laden alternatives.  However, I'm not excited about the hardware key :-/
2017/11/25 22:19:41
RSMCGUITAR
I downloaded the demo and I think it looks pretty awesome to be honest.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account