• Software
  • can anyone compare mixcraft 8 with studio 1 thanks guys
2017/11/27 14:45:48
ibediggin
can anyone compare mixcraft 8 with studio 1 thanks guys
2017/11/28 05:42:44
JonD
That's a tall order, and pointless without knowing what your workflow is like.

How about describing briefly what your expectations are with a DAW?  How did you use Sonar? 
2017/11/28 15:02:42
ibediggin
well i use sonar platinum
2017/11/28 15:15:10
synkrotron
both have downloadable demo's

better to take the time to try them out yourself, really, like a lot of us have done... As JonD says, it is a bit of a tall order...
2017/11/28 15:23:56
ibediggin
thanks

2017/11/28 15:26:28
synkrotron
FWIW, I did try both, but the thing that killed off Mixcraft for me was not having sends on busses, only tracks.

Otherwise I agree with others here that Mixcraft was a nice DAW.

Studio One is what I went for in the end, although I will still be using SONAR as my primary DAW, until it croaks. But even Studio One has it's limitations.

Like I said, you need to try both to see how they fit in with what you do, and how you do it...
2017/11/29 02:33:27
dubdisciple
The lack of sends on busses would kill it for me
2017/11/29 04:06:07
AT
I was looking through the manual and there were sends.  A whole section explaining the difference between sends and track FX.  I don't know how to get to them, I didn't read that part, but they should be there.
2017/11/29 10:08:11
synkrotron
AT
I was looking through the manual and there were sends.  A whole section explaining the difference between sends and track FX.  I don't know how to get to them, I didn't read that part, but they should be there.

In SONAR I put each effect on a buss and then send audio to those busses. But I also send audio from some of the busses to other busses. Just the way I work, as part of my sound design process.

The Mixcraft busses do not have sends so I cannot do what I want it to do.

Perhaps I should have pursued the Track FX channels option a bit more... It was last week and I've done a lot of stuff since then, so I can't fully remember why that did not work for me.

cheers

andy
2017/11/29 10:26:56
synkrotron
I've just checked a Mixcraft University tutorial and the "Send Tracks" do not have sends either. So I was right in thinking that Mixcraft doesn't do what I would like it to do.

That said, my methods are a bit unorthodox, perhaps, and I am sure that for most Peeps Mixcraft will be just the ticket.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account