2017/09/18 22:53:08
TheMaartian
I just came across this post in the Knowledge Base. I found the Dim Pro expansions some time ago, but these were new to me. Of course, after I ran the installers, nothing new showed up in Rapture Pro. The expansion .prog files were installed in the old Rapture Program folder (C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs). I moved the Expansion 1 and Expansion 2 folders to the Rapture Pro Rapture (legacy) folder (C:\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Programs\Rapture (legacy)), and they all now come up in Rapture Pro.

https://www.cakewalk.com/...re-Expansion-Packs-1-2
2017/09/18 23:02:20
scook
Yes, those installers predate RPro. The only time RPro grabs programs from the legacy folders is during its installation. Any changes to the legacy synth programs must be copied by hand.

FWIW, the Rapture Classic installers that ship with RPro include the 2 Rapture Expansion Packs. At leasat the Expansion Pack programs I searched for showed up in both the Rapture Classic Factory Library and User Imported Library.
2017/09/19 13:38:57
abacab
Those Rapture expansion packs contain some great sounds!  Well worth having!
2017/09/19 14:04:38
TheMaartian
I thought some of the patches were silent, but they are just limited to a certain MIDI note range.
scook
Yes, those installers predate RPro. The only time RPro grabs programs from the legacy folders is during its installation. Any changes to the legacy synth programs must be copied by hand.

FWIW, the Rapture Classic installers that ship with RPro include the 2 Rapture Expansion Packs. At leasat the Expansion Pack programs I searched for showed up in both the Rapture Classic Factory Library and User Imported Library.

Not for me. I checked that first. They were in neither. They only showed up once I moved them under RPro.
2017/09/19 21:00:53
Fog
why not grab muz3um also , if you don't have it.

2017/09/20 08:07:52
GjB
I look forward to getting a few Cakewalk expansions packs and upgrades when I'm a bit more flush.
Until then I just stare up at you veterans and watch how the other half live.
2017/09/21 02:05:13
abacab
GjB
I look forward to getting a few Cakewalk expansions packs and upgrades when I'm a bit more flush.
Until then I just stare up at you veterans and watch how the other half live.

The Rapture expansion packs 1 & 2 were offered for free.  No need to be the other half! 
2017/09/21 07:25:55
GjB
abacab

The Rapture expansion packs 1 & 2 were offered for free.  No need to be the other half! 

Great, thanks! I just installed them. Nice and Easy. There are some great sounds. (So many to go through and explore.) I personally love many of the film textures and FX. Cheers!

Thanks to TheMaartian for this reminder thread, too.
2017/09/21 13:20:30
scook
TheMaartian
Not for me. I checked that first. They were in neither. They only showed up once I moved them under RPro.

I just downloaded again and checked RaptureClassic_003.exe, the Rapture Classic installer for RPro. I can see the BT programs from Expansion Pack 1 in it and the FG programs from Expansion Pack 2. I did not do a complete count but I feel pretty certain the programs are all in the installer. NOTE: the RaptureClassic_003.exe installer reorganizes the programs in a way similar to the rest of RPro. This means there are no separate Expansion pack folders in the program browser. For example, look in "Bass Synth" in the Rapture Classic Factory Library bank in RPro. There should be a bunch of BT and FG programs from the Expansion Packs.
2017/09/21 14:07:01
pentimentosound
I'm kind of surprised that CCC didn't update Rapture Pro automatically, Steve. Do I need to install any of the older packs to have them available or are they "automatically" included?
Thanks
Michael
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account