2017/09/21 14:36:04
scook
Only during RPro installation does RPro copy legacy programs from DPro and Rapture.

For old expansion packs (whether free or paid) it depends on the installer. If the installer pre-dates RPro the old legacy paths are used. If the installer has been updated I believe it will first look for RPro then fall back to the legacy paths. This may be a problem if one has Pro but still wants to use the expansion pack in the legacy synth because the samples and the programs are in the RPro.

There is a way to consolidate everything so that DPro, Rapture and RPro use the same folders but it is a little tricky because Rapture does not handle flac files and the RPro installer removes the wav files from its multisample root. This means every time there is an update to RPro the old Rapture wav files must be copied back into the root. Other than that, all the synths can work from a common set of samples and programs. Because the program paths are hard coded directory junctions must be used to re-point them. The rest may be done with either directory junctions or registry edits.

Without consolidating the data, chances are some manual copying will be necessary to keep the legacy synths and RPro in sync.

This issue could be avoided if Cakewalk would add VST Persist Compatibility to RPro making it a drop in replacement for the legacy synths but the feature has only been used in TH3 so far. Well almost...RPro does not play ALL CSC and DPro programs correctly.
2017/09/21 15:00:47
pentimentosound
Thanks    I have had all the Dim Pro Volumes and Rapture prior to CCC.
Michael
2017/09/22 16:33:13
pentimentosound
I installed the free expansion packs but there was no option to put them in my F drive where my other Rapture, Zeta and Dim Pro libraries are.
Can I move them there?
Thanks
Michael
2017/09/22 16:37:05
scook
Sure, why not?
2017/09/22 16:49:47
pentimentosound
Thanks, Steve. Succinct as ever! LOL

2017/09/25 02:05:04
Magic Russ
Don't forget there are a handful of good free patches for Rapture available at Patch Arena.
2017/09/25 12:55:46
pentimentosound
@ Magic Russ
Thanks for the tip. I didn't know about that! What do you think of them? Have you gone through a few or a lot?
Michael
BTW
http://patcharena.com/synth-resources/cakewalk-rapture/
2017/09/25 15:36:16
abacab
pentimentosound
@ Magic Russ
Thanks for the tip. I didn't know about that! What do you think of them? Have you gone through a few or a lot?
Michael
BTW

Muz3um is the best!

"Muz3um is a collection of new presets for Cakewalk Rapture, built on waveforms from vintage synthesizers."
2017/09/26 05:20:18
Magic Russ
abacab
pentimentosound
@ Magic Russ
Michael
BTW

Muz3um is the best!

"Muz3um is a collection of new presets for Cakewalk Rapture, built on waveforms from vintage synthesizers."

Of course Muz3um.  And the Tom Brockman (B Rock) ones are good too.  Then there's this new 30 for 30 pack as well...
2017/09/26 12:06:35
pentimentosound
Right Russ, I figured that last one was good! LOL
Thank you
Michael
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account