• Computers
  • Computer suddenly just shuts down and restarts kernel 41 error
2017/12/05 22:55:57
HighAndDry
My computer has been just shutting down and restarting for whatever reason.  So far the only common thing to these occurrences is that sonar is open.  Any ideas?  Could waves plug ins be causing this?
2017/12/06 11:22:15
fireberd
Audio drivers can cause it, as can duplicate audio drivers.  
If you have multiple audio devices enabled that could be another source. 
Start by disabling everything in the Device Manager, Sound section except the device you are using and see if that makes any difference.  
2017/12/06 13:04:16
Jim Roseberry
Go to Control Panel>System>Advanced Tab>Startup and Recovery-click the Settings button
Under "Sytem Failure", disable Automatic Restart.

If the system is crashing, it'll now stay on the BSOD (which may yield the culprit toward the bottom of the screen).
2017/12/06 13:14:11
Jim Roseberry
Turn off the machine and re-seat the power connections going to the motherboard.
There's the main power connection, the 2-pin secondary connection, and that motherboard has a 3rd 4-pin-Molex power connection.

Go to Power Options>Advanced Settings... and make sure to disable all Sleep related parameters.

Reboot and see if the issue persists
2017/12/06 20:50:42
HighAndDry
Thank you guys!!! . I will try that and report back
2017/12/07 03:19:15
tlw
Jim Roseberry
If the system is crashing, it'll now stay on the BSOD (which may yield the culprit toward the bottom of the screen).

It will probably also show a hexadecimal error code (of sorts) number starting 0x.......

Googling for that can sometimes help in working out what’s going on.
2017/12/08 00:05:43
HighAndDry
Jim Roseberry
Turn off the machine and re-seat the power connections going to the motherboard.
There's the main power connection, the 2-pin secondary connection, and that motherboard has a 3rd 4-pin-Molex power connection.

Go to Power Options>Advanced Settings... and make sure to disable all Sleep related parameters.

Reboot and see if the issue persists

Ok.  I didn't have the 4 pin plugged into the motherboard!!   I built this computer a couple years ago!   Well.  Now let's see how it works!

2017/12/08 11:24:12
fireberd
It must have been powered in at one time.  I don't think it will work without it.
2017/12/08 16:09:48
Jim Roseberry
My apologies!!!

That motherboard has three power connections.
They claim that the third isn't necessary unless you're running multiple video cards.
We've found it's necessary in many other circumstances.    
  1. Main power connection
  2. 8-pin secondary power connection
  3. 4-pin Molex
2017/12/08 18:53:36
HighAndDry
Thanks Jim.  I will see if the problem manifests again.  But I absolutely didn't have that one plugged in until yesterday.  Thanks again
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account