• Software
  • Sonar to Reaper in 4 clicks (public alpha)
2018/01/31 19:35:52
azslow3
Imagine you could exchange your Sonar projects with other DAW just by:
"File" -> "Open Project..." -> <your Sonar project> -> "Open".

That is not a scince fiction! I have not created Reaper project by hands. It is recorded in real-time result from pre-alpha Reaper extension plug-in  which adds CWP into the list of "supported" (import only) project formats.
http://www.azslow.com/index.php?board=13.0

That is an alpha version! Far from everything is converted, some parts are converted partially on not precise. Please do not report that as bugs. But you can ask to put particular features higher in my TODO list

WARNING: in another thread, Noel has mentioned that such tool can potentially be illegal. I am in Europe and from everything I could find that is not the case for me. But everyone should decide for himself.
He has also mentioned that creating such tool is virtually impossible. And that is not the case for sure 
EDIT: about the warning. Under no conditions, in no countries you can be accused in doing something illegal when you USE this tool. It extract the information on which you have ALL RIGHTS (with exception of midi libraries you was using, original or extracted, such files are subject of corresponding agreements). And you can get that information (exactly) different way (exporting MIDI/WAVs, re-building edit points, etc.).
2018/01/31 20:39:12
emwhy
I would donate to a go fund me page for you to do this! Thanks Azslow3!! I have a lot of older bundle files, will this work with them as well?

2018/01/31 21:15:35
azslow3
emwhy
I would donate to a go fund me page for you to do this! Thanks Azslow3!! I have a lot of older bundle files, will this work with them as well?

No, sorry. Bundle files was not planned. Do you have problems unrolling them with Sonar?
I try to do my best, but I can not compete with original software in processing its own formats.

Also I have no Sonar prior 8.5 LE. I develop using CWPs produced by X2, checking the result with Platinum CWPs.

The video is from the FIRST attempt to run the plug-in inside 64bit Reaper with CWP produced by 64bit Platinum (I have checked only parser part before that attempt, and only as Linux standalone).  It was already a small surprise it has not crash. Correct result was really so big surprise that I have decided to record it and publish here
2018/01/31 21:24:46
auto_da_fe
I am interested as well, as my future DAW will be reaper.  
I care not about the legalities or illegalities of such a tool either.

Let me know how I can help

JR

2018/01/31 21:35:59
emwhy
I can always open my older bundles in SONAR and resave as cwps so no big deal. Thanks for all this.

2018/01/31 21:52:33
jude77
azslow your brilliant!!  Thanks for doing the impossible.  Now if you could just find a way to keep SONAR running in perpetuity . . . .
2018/01/31 22:53:57
Grem
Damn azlow, you said you was gonna try, and damn if you didn't do it.

Since you started this project I have gravitated towards Reaper.

Will keep an eye out here. Let me know if I can help test.

Good luck. :)
2018/01/31 23:23:15
bwbalint
It would be a pleasure to run a few of my projects through!
2018/01/31 23:36:49
mcdoma2000
I would be happy to help alpha and/or beta test this, Azlow3. Thank you so much for creating this tool.
2018/01/31 23:57:08
Soundwise
Will be happy to join the testing. Count me in!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account