• Software
  • Sonar to Reaper in 4 clicks (public alpha) (p.11)
2018/02/11 21:47:56
azslow3
Just Another Bloke
I also noticed in b14 that if I have a track with three sends only the first send routing is there.

Thanks for reporting. Will check

b15 told me there were 12 conversion errors. I did not have conversion errors in b14.

There was a bug for one case of problem reporting. i guess that was "warnings", which was there but not reported in b14.
2018/02/12 03:04:52
emwhy
Last post for the day. Regarding vst 3 support. In my case it is the 3rd party non Cakewalk vst 3s that do not remember settings. I did a test project with Cakewalk stuff only the Z3TA synth, the CA2A LP EQ and LP MB saved it in SPLAT with various settings and they all loaded fine in Reaper. I then added in a Softube vst 3 and an Arturia soft synth vst 3 to the same project in SPLAT and the settings on those did not translate to Reaper but all the Cakewalk settings did. Hope this helps. I will PM you with a link to my ftp site later this week with a demo project.

2018/02/12 14:09:17
tenfoot
This may be an absurd question Alexy, but is there any way  to have your utility transfer prochannel EQ bands/settings accross to an EQ in reaper? I have found this to be the most time consuming process in transfering to any DAW.
2018/02/12 16:31:56
azslow3
tenfoot
This may be an absurd question Alexy, but is there any way  to have your utility transfer prochannel EQ bands/settings accross to an EQ in reaper? I have found this to be the most time consuming process in transfering to any DAW.

Not in the first alpha. But till they encrypt the preset (I have not checked yet, but I doubt they encrypt enything), it is possible (and planned).
2018/02/12 17:19:29
azslow3
Just Another Bloke
I also noticed in b14 that if I have a track with three sends only the first send routing is there.

I could not reproduce... Some example?

b15 told me there were 12 conversion errors. I did not have conversion errors in b14.

Can you try b16? Unfortunately I am not sure that will work, but there is some chance...

2018/02/12 17:23:04
tenfoot
azslow3
tenfoot

Not in the first alpha. But till they encrypt the preset (I have not checked yet, but I doubt they encrypt enything), it is possible (and planned).

Brilliant Alexey. You never cease to amaze me!
2018/02/12 17:52:33
Just Another Bloke
azslow3
Just Another Bloke

I could not reproduce... Some example?

The large project .cwp I sent you. Many of the drum tracks have 3 sends but only the first send is transferred.
2018/02/12 18:47:57
Just Another Bloke
azslow3
JAB

Can you try b16? Unfortunately I am not sure that will work, but there is some chance...

Yes b16 eliminated the message.
2018/02/12 20:30:26
azslow3
Just Another Bloke
The large project .cwp I sent you. Many of the drum tracks have 3 sends but only the first send is transferred.

Found it... sends to AUX tracks was  not processed correctly.
I have tried to fix in b17, please check (Platinum things are hard to test for me this week).

Just Another Bloke
azslow3
JAB

Yes b16 eliminated the message.

I was really hoping it not only eliminate the message, but also the problem
Are these plugins still refuse to restore presets?

2018/02/12 21:13:46
Just Another Bloke
Alexy,

Under b17 the sends are now correct and my 3rd Party VST3 Presets are restored in the Reaper Project.

YAY!!!

Now.... if we could just get those pans and levels.

BTW, what will you be doing about Gain settings? IIRC Reaper has a Pre-fader level/gain setting.

Also, I've been meaning to point this out. My test project has the Sonitus Compressor and I've never had a Repaer crash playing the project. 

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account