• Software
  • Sonar to Reaper in 4 clicks (public alpha) (p.12)
2018/02/12 22:10:23
azslow3
Just Another Bloke
Under b17 the sends are now correct and my 3rd Party VST3 Presets are restored in the Reaper Project.
YAY!!!

Now.... if we could just get those pans and levels.

This is the very next step.

BTW, what will you be doing about Gain settings? IIRC Reaper has a Pre-fader level/gain setting.

Yes. Take envelopes as clip envelopes and pre-fx envelopes as gain. But after public alpha.

Also, I've been meaning to point this out. My test project has the Sonitus Compressor and I've never had a Repaer crash playing the project.

I have no ideas under which conditions that happens and from where it comes (apart from general idea that is related to side chaining). While we can not expect any changes in sonitus plug-in and DX technologies as a whole, Reaper is in continuous development.
Also as I have written in before, I can try to convert presets of some particular plug-ins into presets of some other plug-ins. But that has low priority for me.
2018/02/13 13:40:01
emwhy
17b works great. Happy to report all vst 3s now load with presets. Great job!!! Take a well deserved break sir.

2018/02/13 18:02:12
kzmaier
Awesome!!!  Excellent work Azslow!!!
2018/02/13 20:10:48
azslow3
emwhy
17b works great. Happy to report all vst 3s now load with presets. Great job!!! Take a well deserved break sir.

I had plans to take a break this week... But b19 is there, APPROXIMATE settings for mixing parameters (volume, pan, sends volume and pan). Approximate because:
* pan law it not converted yet
* no track gain / clip gain
* conversion produce +-1dB deviation from original values (more investigations are required for more precise mapping)
* no connection with envelopes yet (explained in comments for envelopes)

But I think current version has sufficient number of features to:
1) demonstrate the project is REAL (there are people which still do not believe it is)
2) cover almost all areas.
3) is reasonably stable
so, I would like to make the first public alpha.
But the question to pre-alpha testers: do you have other opinion? Should I add something else before the first alpha?

Making public version can:
* increase the number of testers (more problem reports - more chance to fix bugs)
* show the level of the interest to advance it
* define priorities for not yet converted parts

So, should I? Or...

2018/02/13 20:19:53
Just Another Bloke
Time for a public alpha IMO. The more input you get the better you can make the tool.
2018/02/13 20:50:29
emwhy
At this point it's doing quite well for me with small and big projects. I think it's time to go public. I just hope people follow the changelogs and have a good understanding of how reaper works or they may have some problems.

2018/02/13 20:59:42
azslow3
Just Another Bloke
Time for a public alpha IMO. The more input you get the better you can make the tool.

Have you tried b20? Does it sound more or less as original project in Sonar?

PS: sorry, I have made a mistake with versions upload. So correct one is b20, not b19 (which zero all sends levels..)
2018/02/13 21:00:36
azslow3
Ok, released as public alpha.
2018/02/14 02:10:19
emwhy
Just got done with b20. Working quite well. I've already started opening older MIDI only projects and resaving them as Reaper projects. b20 is that good.

2018/02/14 06:24:39
azslow3
emwhy
Just got done with b20. Working quite well. I've already started opening older MIDI only projects and resaving them as Reaper projects. b20 is that good.

Please note that not all MIDI event types are converted! If you have program changes, sysexes, etc, they are currently discarded.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account