• Software
  • Sonar to Reaper in 4 clicks (public alpha) (p.13)
2018/02/14 07:43:04
ampfixer
I bet you're happy there aren't multiple versions of Reaper. 

EDIT: My first evva TOTP. Well done me.
2018/02/14 23:14:07
Dickie Fredericks
Noel should just not worry about it at this point.

Im not really sure why anyone really needs this though. By the time youre done with a project you should be down to broadcast wavs which are in your folder and can be opened in any ither app.

However, this azlow person is pretty awesome. I use the mackie. Dll he made.
2018/02/15 14:31:58
sharke
Dickie Fredericks
Im not really sure why anyone really needs this though. By the time youre done with a project you should be down to broadcast wavs which are in your folder and can be opened in any ither app.

Erm....perhaps people who aren't yet done with a project and wish to finish it in Reaper? And you do realize there's a LOT more to projects than just wavs, right? Mix settings, effects chains, sends, automation, MIDI, synths, routing, bussing.....so no, it's rarely just a case of exporting wavs into another app. If it were, azlow would have found no reason to develop this tool and people wouldn't be raving about it so much. 
2018/02/15 16:43:07
azslow3
sharke
Dickie Fredericks

Erm....perhaps people who aren't yet done with a project and wish to finish it in Reaper? And you do realize there's a LOT more to projects than just wavs, right? Mix settings, effects chains, sends, automation, MIDI, synths, routing, bussing.....so no, it's rarely just a case of exporting wavs into another app. If it were, azlow would have found no reason to develop this tool and people wouldn't be raving about it so much.

I guess music industry has tamed all users to export wavs and MIDI. At most fx preset banks. Claiming everything else is "too special" to be converted. Up to the level users can think "why someone ever want to use FX chain or routing from one DAW in another?".
May be when the first book was saved on a diskette  for the first time, someone has also commented: "by the time youre done with a book, it should be printed on paper. No need to save it digitally..."
2018/02/15 19:20:41
ampfixer
Books can last for 100's of years. I can't think of any digital format that lasted for 20. 
2018/02/15 19:27:22
emwhy
So far things have been good with b20. MIDI projects for me open well, minus some of the things listed above. Audio projects open well also and so do the effects. I have had no crashes or unexpected behavior.

2018/02/15 20:00:06
sharke
azslow3
sharke
Dickie Fredericks

I guess music industry has tamed all users to export wavs and MIDI. At most fx preset banks. Claiming everything else is "too special" to be converted. Up to the level users can think "why someone ever want to use FX chain or routing from one DAW in another?".
May be when the first book was saved on a diskette  for the first time, someone has also commented: "by the time youre done with a book, it should be printed on paper. No need to save it digitally..."

I remember years ago telling my mother that I'd bought a new laptop, and the first thing she said was "do you have a printer to go with it?" and when I said no, she said "but what good is a computer if you can't print stuff out?" 
For grins I downloaded the .zip and put the .dll file into my userplugins folder, then tried to open one of my old Sonar 5 .cwp files, but I guess they are way too old. Any Sonar 5 file I tried seems to toss out a parser error, and multiple conversion errors/warnings.
2018/02/16 06:25:56
azslow3
the_user_formally_known_as_glennbo
For grins I downloaded the .zip and put the .dll file into my userplugins folder, then tried to open one of my old Sonar 5 .cwp files, but I guess they are way too old. Any Sonar 5 file I tried seems to toss out a parser error, and multiple conversion errors/warnings.

Upload an example somewhere (just CWP, without any audio) and I can check. I do not have any version prior X to test myself.
azslow3
the_user_formally_known_as_glennbo

Upload an example somewhere (just CWP, without any audio) and I can check. I do not have any version prior X to test myself.

I uploaded a .cwp file and attached it to this post.
https://forum.cockos.com/...p;posted=1#post1955159
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account