• Software
  • Sonar to Reaper in 4 clicks (public alpha) (p.15)
2018/02/18 13:16:38
emwhy
You were right, I had "Request Sample Rate" checked in Reaper and it was set to 48k in preferences. If I un-check that everything works regardless of the project sample rate.

Edited to add I got all the Sonitus stuff working. For some reason Reaper wasn't seeing the compressor, or the gate, and put the delay in an instrument folder. Probably because it thinks the delay is a tempo based effect since you can sync it to the host tempo. I had to modify one of the .ini files to get the other two to show-up but all good now.

As for MIDI, the only issue I'm having is with multi timbrel synths like Kontakt. If I have several instruments in one instance of Kontakt I have to go through and route the MIDI tracks to correspond to the correct MIDI channels. Not a big deal, and if anything it helped me understand how Reaper handles synths in that manner.

2018/03/04 08:15:54
vintagevibe
Ok so it’s time to start working on that Sonar to Cubase converter.😄
2018/03/04 09:07:25
azslow3
vintagevibe
Ok so it’s time to start working on that Sonar to Cubase converter.😄

While I have shown that conversion is possible, please do not interpret that as a willing to convert into any existing DAW

2018/03/04 14:40:37
jonboper
Just to say, this converter is amazing.
2018/03/09 06:38:21
BENT
Hi all, due to ill health I've been out of the loop for a month. Would some kind person bring me up to speed with the Splat to Reaper converter pls?

Is the reacwp_0_0r2b45.zip the very last version?
Is development still happening?
Anything else I should know?
2018/03/09 10:15:48
azslow3
BENT
Is the reacwp_0_0r2b45.zip the very last version?

Yes (for today).

Is development still happening?

Yes.

Anything else I should know?

Read the documentation, what is converted and with which differences. It is always up to date.

If something does not work, let me know. Since I do not have "a dedicated team", if no-one report a problem, there is zero chance it is fixed. But (unlike with Sonar...) if the problem is reported, there is a big change it is fixed. At least you will get a good explanation when not.

2018/03/10 17:58:03
bdickens
Will this also save a project BACK as a CWP?
2018/03/10 19:32:41
azslow3
bdickens
Will this also save a project BACK as a CWP?

No. That is way more complicated and at the time the project was planed there was no reason for that.

2018/03/10 19:47:48
abacab
OK, I will be the guy to ask this question... 

Why would you want to go back? 
2018/03/10 21:11:10
BENT
Thanks for the update azslow.
Within a week or so I should be back up to full steam in my studio and I will post my findings regularly   
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account