• Software
  • Sonar to Reaper in 4 clicks (public alpha) (p.3)
2018/02/01 22:27:29
Tim Flannagin
Amazing work Alexey! You are an invaluable asset to both the Cakewalk and Reaper communities.  I'm looking forward to giving this a test.
2018/02/01 23:45:34
abacab
Congrats on the progress!!! 
2018/02/02 00:17:54
ampfixer
This will be a huge benefit for Sonar users. There's no way using this program could be considered illegal. There is already a similar program on the market designed to translate the output files from many different DAW's, including Sonar. That product sells for about $200 USD. Gibson would surely have them listed as #1 target if they wanted to be nasty. No idea what Noel was on about, other than somebody messing with his baby.

Alexey is obviously smarter than the average bear. 
2018/02/02 00:40:53
rcklln
azslow3

If interested, stay tuned.

Sure will thank you for working on this it could prove to be very helpful!
2018/02/02 16:57:01
wetdentist
wow this sounds like an amazing project.  since Celemony has announced ARA 2, i have been thinking about eventually moving to Reaper.  now, with this software solution you are making, i will most definitely be moving.  excited to try this!!!
2018/02/02 18:43:10
paulo
I still have an older version of Reaper on my win 8 laptop  (does it matter that it's maybe 3 years old?). Never liked it much personally, but I'd be happy to copy some projects across and give it a whirl for testing purposes if that's any help to you. I only have whatever comes with X3Pro /Platinum loaded on the laptop so all the 3rd party stuff will be missing (probably a fair amount of the plug-ins that I actually used), but if you think you will learn anything useful from me doing that, then let me know.
2018/02/02 19:39:06
azslow3
Thanks for offering help!
But after success report from emwhy, I have a report that something is not working once the project is real. So I will try to find the reason before extending "testing team".

For functionality part... I have just added Track Volume automations. So once what implemented now works reliably, it already can beat any alternative conversion methods
2018/02/02 19:55:56
emwhy
I tried to open a large audio/MIDI project last night, about 40, plus tracks. This was a very complex cwp, with lots of frozen tracks, folder tracks, and some drum audio files that had been converted to MIDI thru SPAT's drum replacer. It opened, but a lot of the audio tracks were misplaced on the time line and there was a lot of duplicate audio on many tracks. I'm guessing that it was a combination of the frozen synth and audio tracks and the track folders themselves. More than likely the alpha wasn't intended for anything like this....yet.

But the good news, it played and didn't crash. will keep playing around when time permits over the weekend. Thanks again azslow3 for even getting things this far!!

2018/02/02 21:30:35
jbraner
Hi azslow3,

I'll be happy to help - when you're ready for more testers.
I haven't made the final jump yet - but I'm having fun with Reaper - learning how to make it look nice, and some scripting and custom actions etc. - basically, setting up a nice environment to work in.

I've got plenty of SONAR projects I can test ;-)
2018/02/02 21:32:30
azslow3
emwhy
I tried to open a large audio/MIDI project last night, about 40, plus tracks. This was a very complex cwp, with lots of frozen tracks, folder tracks, and some drum audio files that had been converted to MIDI thru SPAT's drum replacer. It opened, but a lot of the audio tracks were misplaced on the time line and there was a lot of duplicate audio on many tracks. I'm guessing that it was a combination of the frozen synth and audio tracks and the track folders themselves. More than likely the alpha wasn't intended for anything like this....yet.

But the good news, it played and didn't crash. will keep playing around when time permits over the weekend. Thanks again azslow3 for even getting things this far!!

Thank you for this and previous report! You was the first
When testing, check for newer versions...

Frozen tracks/MIDI clips is a separate story. Even when I am able to reproduce unfrozen version, I guess keeping original freeze is a good idea, as a reference. Probably on a separate muted sub-track, at least that is my idea about the topic at the moment. But I want to make many other things first.
In general, what is not "green" in the documentation is expected to have unpredictable behavior.

The problem is that you have got somehow playable result, and I have a report that is not always the case. That has my priority for this weekend.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account