• Techniques
  • Band's first live studio session.... and I've got some questions!!! (p.2)
2018/02/06 14:19:47
ooblecaboodle
abacab
ooblecaboodle

EDIT: also, this isn't a Logic forum.

Chill, bro!  This ain't the 'Sonar Techniques' forum either. 

What I'm getting at is that it might be just slightly more useful, to ask on a Logic users' group. FFS.
2018/02/06 14:55:28
abacab
ooblecaboodle
abacab
ooblecaboodle

EDIT: also, this isn't a Logic forum.

Chill, bro!  This ain't the 'Sonar Techniques' forum either. 

What I'm getting at is that it might be just slightly more useful, to ask on a Logic users' group. FFS.

His questions #1-4 were about the room.  Only #5 was about Logic.

If you took the time to read the post, and respond, why not give some appropriate advice.

ooblecaboodle

You have a room, that you aren't sure about how to set up for recording, aren't very versed about how to record. 
That's not "getting your first live session in the studio", that's just "mucking about". Which is fine.

I suggest you look up the various individual topics, rather than just asking the all-encompassing "how do I best record myself and my band".
This stuff has been covered here, and elsewhere, in great detail.

FFS. This dude is a volunteer in a church musical group, not someone pretending to walk into a pro recording studio and get paid for a gig.  He also mentioned that they have 'human resource' issues.  So probably no engineer on church staff either.  The OP probably got 'volunteered' for the task because he has a home studio and used Cakewalk.

Telling him to look elsewhere when he probably assumed that there was some collective knowledge here is not that helpful.

If you consider his post a waste of your precious time, why did you bother?
2018/02/07 22:23:46
eph221
Why is everyone so concerned about how OTHERS behave.  Let it be.
2018/02/07 23:31:19
abacab
Maybe you should take your own advice! 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account