2018/11/05 23:12:25
Jyotishvarii
I just got back from a visit to a retail store that got me a visit to the emergency room A child was swinging on a metal clothes rack and dumped it on my right foot breaking three bones
 All will heal in time but having to take the aid of narcotics to control incredible pain
The itching with morphine is terrible almost worse than the pain itself The doctors said take benadryl but this barely does anything
Then there is what narcotics do to your intestines Instant constipation in a pill
Are there any hard core narcotic freaks out there who have found a way to deal with the itching and plugged guts 
Is there a doctor in the house
Jyotishvarii
2018/11/06 15:27:23
Wayfarer
Peanut butter for the poo dam. And despite all the calories, it actually goes right through you as long as you eat it a couple of hours after your last meal of the day and don't eat anything with it like bread or crackers. Also, bananas. Just make sure they're very ripe. Green nanners clog you up; yellow nanners make you go.

Dr. Bill
2018/11/06 15:47:32
Mesh
If it itches, scratch it.

Dr. Phil

(get well soon)
2018/11/07 02:48:12
Jyotishvarii
Dear doctors  Evaluating your feedback  Bananas or even a garden hose up my ass better than how this stuff plugs you up
The itching still crazy They changed me to a drug called tramadol which is supposedly not a narcotic but has the pain relief of a narcotic This stuff is worse than morphine They can pump me up with steroids to bring down the welts and hives  I can scale off the narcotics in less than two weeks and just eat grocery store pills until they are not needed
Some advice  Never break your foot

XOX
Jyotishvarii

2018/11/07 17:26:53
jamesg1213
Great thread.
2018/11/07 17:37:39
Mesh
IIRC, Mooch had an itching problem sometime back and Bapu prescribed him a cream. Shirley, it must've resolved by now no?
2018/11/07 19:03:42
Starise
Sorry to hear of your accident. I  recently have  pain from a back injury. Can't sleep at night. I have this pain from sciatica running down my left leg and into my foot all night. Things eventually heal, but man, while you go through it life isn't the same. I would imagine breaking a foot in three places to be similar in that you can't really concentrate on much else while it hurts.
I have been suffering without meds the last few nights. Basically rolling around all night trying to find the position with the least amount of pain, then I fall asleep. My body then rolls to a new position starting the whole process again. I'm out 1500.00 on a chiropractor who has helped me a lot. I couldn't even walk or sit before.
Sounds like they have done all they can do. Have they recommended Oxycontin? It's very addictive but seems to really help when combined with acetaminophen. I don't like the narcotics either but I think they have their place.
Either that, or go the old civil war method. A few shots of hard whiskey.
2018/11/07 23:17:02
Jyotishvarii
Mesh no not resolved but if you can get me the formula for that cream

Starise I had a bad reaction some years ago with oxycodone after having a tooth pulled They put me on quick acting morphine this time that caused me to flare up in hives  I have no idea how anyone can get addicted to this poison but I need it or have myself convinced I need it for a few more days
I can share with you about sciatica that you can reverse the damage if not too chronic with a couple simple yoga postures practiced a couple times a day if this is not too culturally taboo to suggest
Search the net for the "head to knee" posture and the "spinal twist" posture This will take about a week to undo the stress causing sciatica and up to 2 or 3 months to heal the nerve damage  Better option than surgery and in the same line of approach as your chiropractor

Is pharmacy doctor John still around  He must have some concoction I can mix up in the sink or add to my shots of tequilla  Main complaints are insane itching that 50 mg of benadryl will not touch and bowels brought to a standstill This experience highlights to me just how much capacity the human body has to produce pain if something gets messed up or broken and how primitive we still are in controlling pain

Jyotishvarii
2018/11/08 12:55:08
Starise
Thanks for that suggestion. Last night I actually slept better and have much less pain now. It's been over a month, so that was a nice surprise. I fully expected to be in for another night of torture. I think I'm now beginning to get back to where I was.
Whenever someone mentions yoga I think eastern religion since this is the origin of it.  I don't dislike the believers I just don't agree with the beliefs. We can still get good things from all of them here and there. Yoga is one of those things that is helpful when taken from a strictly physical approach. The rest of it though...nope not me  Yes I know, it's an extreme view considering that it's been widely accepted as a way to limber up and relax.

The itching seems to be an indicator that you are allergic to the drugs. I would be very careful here. The allergies can be worse than the pain. I would imagine soaking that foot in warm water would help it feel better. I broke my wrist on a motorcycle and I can somewhat relate to the experience. It hurts. Hope you get better soon.

Dr. John, calling Dr. John where are you man?

2018/11/08 13:02:46
Johnbee58
I hope you sued whoever let the brat swing on the clothes rack that caused your accident.  Kids today are so under supervised and the parents are often in Never-Never Land.  You shouldn't have to bear any financial loss because some idiot couldn't keep track of their brat.  I have no suggestions for your discomfort, but I just hope your pain meds are being well watched and regulated by your doctor.  That could lead to a whole other nightmare you don't need.
Best of luck!
John B
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account