• SONAR
  • Cannot update CWbyBL period
2018/12/12 23:15:34
stratman70
I have been trying all day. I log in, app tells me new version (4.x something) is available I click download and it just hangs. All firewalls are off, including win 10 stuff. No AV.
Guess I'll try again tomorrow,.
Very glad that I am happy with splat as I stated before, it's all I use but I do keep BL updated and open it occasionally. 
Maybe it's mad at me for ignoring it.

2018/12/12 23:24:14
msmcleod
Loads of us have had this issue with updating BandLab Assistant.

Just download the latest BandLab Assistant and install it:
https://www.bandlab.com/products/desktop/assistant

After that, your CbB update should run smoothly.
2018/12/12 23:28:38
csnack
Nah there's definitely something wrong in the Bandlab app at least on my end. Through that little Bandlap app I was able to update Cakewalk as usual, but the Bandlab app itself won't update and keeps saying 'Updated Failed' and the app just stays stuck on that and I have to restart pc in order to clear it - AND this Bandlab app just screwed with my Windows update feature as well when trying to update Bandlab and I'll post about that in a separate thread.
2018/12/12 23:31:11
csnack
Just saw msmcleod's post - I'll try that too
2018/12/13 00:01:36
Rbh
Maybe it's a Win 10 related issue?  I'm on an older Win 7 OS and this latest BLA  and CbB update and install was the smoothest I've experienced so far. I did skip the last update prior to this one however. I understand that updates have been streamlined to just the files required from the previous most current install. Just saying - my latest was a full install, and it was really pain free.
2018/12/13 22:23:58
stratman70
So I did as Msmcleod suggested. Got the asst but I do not see any updates.
Oh well. Guess there aren't any, just the asst
Thanks
2018/12/13 23:00:46
DeeringAmps
I just opened Bandlab Assistant:

Selected Apps (notice I did NOT update Assistant, and took the screenshot after the CbB update)
and now I have this:

At the risk of appearing to "talk down" (I'm just trying to help), did you select Apps?
Is your version #2018.11?

T
2018/12/21 22:57:46
gargonknight
the reason why some ppls band lab wont update is because your pc is using edge or explorer  as its default browser. you have to go to settings in windows and make chrome your default browser found in default apps
2018/12/22 00:05:08
abacab
gargonknight
the reason why some ppls band lab wont update is because your pc is using edge or explorer  as its default browser. you have to go to settings in windows and make chrome your default browser found in default apps

No problems here using Firefox either, so it may be an MS Edge/Explorer related issue.  Standards and all that ... 
2018/12/22 05:01:21
stratman70
I always use Chrome exclusively 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account