2013/05/13 13:22:33
Paul P
In the DSP section, there are 14 "available reordering options".

Is there any way to add/remove options from this list ?

The options seem sort of arbitrary, and instead of reverse engineering them to determine their usefulness I'd prefer to just enter an order I'm interested in.

2013/05/13 18:33:55
b rock
Is there any way to add/remove options from this list ?

I don't think that you can.  I don't recall being able to create a 'DefaultRegion.sfz' or 'DefaultEffects.sfz' for Rapture, like there is for DimPro and RXP.  Maybe you can.

What you can do is globally select ranges of the available routings over MIDI.
[shift+right-click; MIDI Learn; shift+right-click Set Min; shift+right-click; Set Max].

The options seem sort of arbitrary, and instead of reverse engineering them to determine their usefulness I'd prefer to just enter an order I'm interested in.

I thought that at first when Rapture came out.  Once I figured out how the series -> parallel || and parenthetical groupings worked, the 14 combinations became a whole lot more useful.  Steeper filters, distortions that don't step on one another, the under-rated Width control for narrowing the soundfield before panning; ... this might give you a couple of ideas:

Wide Load - Stereo Wavetables in Rapture 1.1/LE
2013/05/13 22:25:51
Paul P
Thanks b rock.

I've been mining your posts as they contain much valuable info :-)

I get the feeling that 5-7 years ago there was a lot happening in the synth/Cakewalk world but that things have quieted down since ?

I notice that project5.com and sonarama.com not longer exist. Is there a poplular forum for synth programming today ?

patcharena.com has a lot of stuff but no forums as far as I can tell.

I'm new to all this and wouldn't mind listening in on some experts...

2013/05/14 08:52:38
chad
Paul P

Thanks b rock.

I've been mining your posts as they contain much valuable info :-)

I get the feeling that 5-7 years ago there was a lot happening in the synth/Cakewalk world but that things have quieted down since ? 

The forums usually get more active right after new synth updates and releases.  They recently did when z3ta+ 2 was released.  The good part about the Cakewalk synth forums is that there are many knowledgeable guys that pop in and out. So even though it's a bit quieter right now, it's always a great forum to stop in and read.

I notice that project5.com and sonarama.com not longer exist. Is there a poplular forum for synth programming today ?

patcharena.com has a lot of stuff but no forums as far as I can tell. 

Yeah unfortunately the old SONAR wiki is down, but Bob has made an excellent resource for Project5 and Dimension Pro here:

http://project5.technetos.com/

http://dimension.technetos.com/

If there is enough demand we could add synth programming forums back to PatchArena.  

I'm new to all this and wouldn't mind listening in on some experts...
You may also want to check out Simon Cann's book:

http://noisesculpture.com/cakewalk-synthesizers

Cheers, 
Chad

2013/05/14 08:52:40
chad
double post
2013/05/14 08:52:41
chad
double post
2013/05/14 08:52:42
chad