2015/04/30 10:13:01
Walt Collins
In Rapture Pro a sound is usually comprised of multiple elements, each of which loads separately from disk.  If there are any problems during loading (such as incorrect path issues for multisamples), one or more of the elements may be silently loaded as an empty element.  This is a misleading behavior that should be corrected in a future revision of Rapture Pro.

Any errors when loading a patch should be reported somehow in the Rapture Pro interface, via a MessageBox pop-up or some other obvious (and interrupting) mechanism.  If there's a problem loading a sound I want to know very clearly what has happened, not have the instrument simply move forward playing whatever elements may have loaded, and letting me think that's the entire sound as intended by the designer of the patch.
2015/04/30 13:01:11
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
if that's the case it has to be fixed ... silently ignoring and producing different sounds is an absolute no-no

the user should be prompted to either start a search or select a new location (in case the user moved files on purpose), if several files are missing and found in the new location all should be updated (I think Kontakt does it like this ... or in a very similar manner at least)
2015/04/30 14:04:05
Beagle
I agree with FreeFly - this sounds more like a problem report instead of a feature request.  I do not have Rapture pro, so can someone confirm this is the issue and if so, Waltenstein you need to create a problem ticket and then put the ticket number in your subject title and then we can move it to the Problem Report forum where cake can work on it.
2015/05/01 06:34:45
Walt Collins
I already have a Case number, and have been working with Josh Kipersztok (Cakewalk Product Support) regarding this and a few other minor issues.  Josh is the one who recommended that I post this particular issue here in the "Features and Ideas" forum.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account