2017/11/27 23:52:40
Amicus717
Soundwise
Amicus717
b) I'm trying to figure out signal routing, and I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall. Part of that is just unfamiliarity on my part, rather than a deficiency in the DAW, but for folks pondering a switch, I think its a factor worth thinking about. It is definitely a different program than Sonar.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I currently have SMS, but think about getting Pro X3.
As for routing - use VST dock. You can, for example, change from simple instrument to multitimbral from there and do many other things. Looks and feels awkward at first, but does the job.

I will try! Thanks :)
2017/11/28 12:03:53
bwbalint
I inquired to Samplitude concerning a crossgrade price here is the answer I received in return:

"Dear Bart,
Thank you for your message.
I passed the suggestion on to product mangement and development. If they weren't already planning on doing something along those line, I do agree that they should probably consider it.
As far as our product portfolio and pricing goes, please keep in mind that we also do already feature a more affordable consumer version of Samplitude Pro, which is Samplitude Music Studio:
http://www.magix.com/us/samplitude-music-studio/detail/
Again, thanks for the suggestion and your interest in our audio products.--
Best regards,
Ralf Hentschel
MAGIX Software GmbH
Postfach 200914
01194 Dresden - Germany
Managing Director: Klaus Schmidt, Jörg Stüber, Aishvarya Agarwal
Commercial Register: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 127205

http://www.magix.net"
2017/11/28 14:18:36
Amicus717
It will be interesting to see if they respond with some sort of offer. I know Magix seems to have occasional sales where they bundle their various software packages at outrageously low prices --  that was how I got hold of it, via a bundle sale that got me SoundForge Pro, Samplitude Pro X3 for $199. The odds are probably pretty good that they will do that again, so even if they don't have a crossgrade offer, you might be able to grab it at a great price at some point in the near future. Some folks in the Samplitude forum were complaining a bit about this habit by Magix, as they feel that these sort of uber-bargain packages erode Samplitude's reputation as a quality, high-end piece of software and make it look like a clearance item.
2017/11/28 14:29:03
kennywtelejazz
I have gotten the $199 offer for Samplitude Pro X 3 w SoundForge Pro a few times in the past 12 months .

I'm pretty happy with Samplitude Pro X2 At some point I may use it more that I have been ...it's a killer DAW

all the best ,

Kenny
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account