• Software
  • Presonus Will Have a Special Cakewalk Customer Crossgrade Price NEXT WEEK (p.11)
2017/11/27 18:18:30
Anderton
Larry Jones
I suppose what they're trying to do is create what's called in retail a "buying frenzy." They hint that there will be a special price, they occasionally show their faces here, they talk up their product, but they pretend they know nothing about the special pricing.

Actually I don't think anyone from PreSonus has appeared here. However, I have talked to a representative who's high up in the company. He was shocked and unhappy about the announcement of Cakewalk being shuttered. The people at PreSonus have a great deal of respect for Cakewalk, and recognized that SONAR pioneered a lot of very cool technology. IIRC the Cakewalk devs worked with the PreSonus folks to make sure ARA was up to spec. Conversely, SONAR added quite a few features that were in SOP.

PreSonus completely understood that the community would be devastated and wanted to do something. Sure, ultimately it will get them business but I can assure you that wasn't the only motivation. There was a lot of "there must be something we can do to help" and they thought that giving a special crossgrade price that was exclusive to SONAR users would be helpful since there was already chatter in the forums about switching to SOP because of it being fairly "SONAR-like." 

At the time we talked they were working out how to deal with the issue of retailers who sold both SONAR and SOP. Although most retailers are honest, some could take their unsold copies of SONAR, claim to be a poor homeless DAW user, and get a copy of SOP for under dealer cost. Yet PreSonus didn't want to let a few bad apples spoil it for everyone else. The reason for delaying until Tuesday was to get all the details sorted out.

He had mentioned $149 as the target price. Whether that's what it will be or not I don't know, but I suspect it will. 

2017/11/27 18:37:43
Larry Jones
Anderton
Larry Jones
I suppose what they're trying to do is create what's called in retail a "buying frenzy." They hint that there will be a special price, they occasionally show their faces here, they talk up their product, but they pretend they know nothing about the special pricing.

Actually I don't think anyone from PreSonus has appeared here.

Thanks for clearing up where the rumor started. The forums have been a madhouse of grief, anger and speculation since The Announcement. More posts, more replies, more users online than I have seen in many years. Some companies have created accounts here and "reached out." I may have gotten confused amid the hubbub about which companies, exactly, they were and just what they said or implied. Somehow I have become convinced that some kind of crossgrade special deal on Studio One was in the offing for Tuesday. I know something about retail marketing techniques, and that's what I was suggesting is going on here.

But really my frustration stems from my own personal shortage of cashola, and my need to get the best deal I can.
2017/11/27 19:50:13
Alpha Trion
cityrat
Anyone know if Studio One can do "fit improvisation" tempo mapping like sonar?>

I don't know about Studio One... but Harrison's Mixbus is on offer until Dec 5th I do believe. It has awesome tempo mapping features.

Great community and support team, and built on-top of Ardour (the open source DAW with huge following) as well.

Mixbus is on offer for $29 ($249 if you want to purchase every plugin too)
Mixbus32C is on offer for $99 ($349 for all the plugs included)

Check it out on their specials page (can't post links because I'm new)

2017/11/27 20:37:24
outland144k
Number-wise some of us may be here:

Let's assume a $149 crossgrade price for argument's sake.

If one needs Notion 6 as well, the current sale half price of $75 is probably the best price you'll get on that (alone). With the $149 crossgrade price tomorrow on Studio One 3.5, you're back at $225, which also happens to be the current bundle sale price for Studio One 3.5 and Notion 6 today (I'm assuming just the sale prices by themselves, not any further incentives for starting accounts, etc).

So, I just bought it (the bundle) from Sweetwater.
2017/11/27 21:40:47
Karyn
PreSonus offer has been announced.

http://blog.presonus.com/index.php/presonus-cakewalk-crossgrade-offer/

50% until the end of the year.
2017/11/28 00:07:16
Fleer
Isn’t this price somewhat regular or at least BlackFriday-ish? What’s the normal crossgrade price or its BF counterpart?
2017/11/28 00:38:02
cclarry
I believe the normal cost is $299 for the crossgrade...so this
is about half price...or in line with the BF deals
2017/11/28 00:38:11
aidanodr
HOWEVER .. from the DEALS Section:

Studio One Pro Crossgrade @ JRR for $125
with "group" code

www.jrrshop.com/presonus-studio-one-professional-crossgrade-v3

2017/11/28 00:47:04
Fleer
I'll jump when it goes south of a C-note. 
Don't really need another DAW as I'm happy with Logic, but I'm also using Notion and Progression. So we'll see. 
2017/11/28 15:14:44
drummaman
I jumped in with Sweetwater's Black Friday Deal, which was $200. (The crossgrade link I found had $199.95.)
$149 is a great deal, and $125 is even better.

I will use Sonar until a Windows 10 update wrecks it, at which point I hope to have a good grasp on Studio One Pro's method.

SOP's iPad "Remote" app is already working, which will replace my beloved Frontier Tranzport.
What's EXTREMELY cool with the remote, is the FULL integration - from behind my drum kit, I can tweak the headphone sends without having to walk back and forth - nice!!

Also working is my Behringer XTouch. Nice. Yamaha DTX950 a check, Arturia Lab49 - check. Lynx ASIO drivers - check.

So far, so easy.

The first hurdle is the Plugin Manager. Even though SPLAT's was long in the tooth, it was VERY easy to customize your plugin folders. A quick right click on SPLAT's FX bin and I was dropping a plugin in from the custom plugin menu. SOP's requires folders added to the plugin files menu, then adding the plugin from the main plugin tree to a track, only to drag that plugin back into a FILES folder... Now image that with us plugin addicts having 1,000+ plugins... 'Wanna' guess what I'll be chipping away at this winter??!

And lastly, (for now) - I HIGHLY recommend the Groove 3 tutorials - I started watching the one on SOP's automation, and it speeds up comprehension of the new workflow. Other videos are available on their site and the SO Expert blog.

Personally, I will spring for anything Mr. Anderton comes out with that helps to ease the transition. (Hint, Hint!)

I cannot thank all those at Cakewalk, as well as Mr. Craig Anderton, enough for all those happy times from Twelve Tone Systems' program called Cakewalk through every iteration up to and including Sonar Platinum by a company called Cakewalk.

My most sincere and deepest respect,
Mark Grace A.K.A. DrummaMan
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account