• Software
  • Presonus Will Have a Special Cakewalk Customer Crossgrade Price NEXT WEEK (p.4)
2017/11/23 05:26:31
bodhi65
How Does Studio one sampler, Presence xt, compare to Sampletank? I always loved the instruments, effects, and content that packaged with cakewalk over the years. I was thinking of buying sample tank but maybe I can kill two birds if I buy Studio One and forgo sample tank if Presence is comparable?
2017/11/23 06:25:19
denverdrummer
I've used Studio One since 1.5.  I actually won a copy of it, at a demo PreSonus put on, and have upgraded it along the way.  The best thing about it, is the simple interface.  The worst thing about it, is it feels like an immature product.  Everytime I spent any amount of time doing something, I could go back to Sonar and do it 5 times as fast.

Simple things like double clicking to reset pan/vol controls, don't exist in Studio One.  Heck even Bitwig has that and it's been around for less time that Studio One.

If you can work around the limitations it's a great product.  I think MIDI will be the determining factor if Sonar users switch to it or not.
2017/11/23 06:37:11
denverdrummer

Simple things like double clicking to reset pan/vol controls, don't exist in Studio One.  Heck even Bitwig has that and it's been around for less time that Studio One.

You obviously haven't learnt how to use it then, in your example above it's 'ctrl click', job done in one fluid motion as apposed to SONARs 2

Just because you don't know how to use something properly, doesn't mean you should just go making things up.

I've always been able to do things way quicker in Studio One than I ever could in SONAR, even not long after I started using it 3 years ago, after having been using Cakewalk stuff since Pro Audio 9.

Studio One is just way more intuitive, with way better workflow.
2017/11/23 09:25:42
azslow3
Presonus... registered there to ask a question about Control Surface API on the forum.
No, its not possible... posting is allowed for customers only.
Good anti-spam protection. But they have one less potential customer now 
2017/11/23 10:19:27
synkrotron
azslow3
Presonus... registered there to ask a question about Control Surface API on the forum.

I've just asked a question and I am not a "customer":-

http://answers.presonus.c...sers-to-ask-a-question
2017/11/23 10:20:43
werewindle
Well I managed to get a cross grade to Studio One 3 Professional for $111 as it appears earlier in year I got a free version Studio One Producer as part of a bundle which I'd completely forgotten about till I logged into my account. With $ to £ rate being very favourable at moment and advice from Softube regarding compatibility with Console 1 seemed a good offer.
2017/11/23 10:46:43
azslow3
synkrotron
azslow3

I've just asked a question and I am not a "customer":-
http://answers.presonus.c...sers-to-ask-a-question

Thanks, so I have asked that way: http://answers.presonus.com/22537/control-surface-api-for-s1
I have used only forums before, ignored the bakery. So I have not noticed that Presonus also has several options to ask questions (they could mentioned that in the "why I can not post there", but they mention "Pre-sales" only).
2017/11/23 13:47:09
olemon
Watching some Studio One tutorials on Groove 3.  Automation is not mysterious after all:)
2017/11/23 14:43:54
doncolga
Matron Landslide
denverdrummer

You obviously haven't learnt how to use it then, in your example above it's 'ctrl click', job done in one fluid motion as apposed to SONARs 2

Just because you don't know how to use something properly, doesn't mean you should just go making things up.

I've always been able to do things way quicker in Studio One than I ever could in SONAR, even not long after I started using it 3 years ago, after having been using Cakewalk stuff since Pro Audio 9.

Studio One is just way more intuitive, with way better workflow.

Agreed and same with me.  Once I spent a little time with some very quick tutorial videos on S1, the workflow is way faster for me than in Sonar.  I also find track organization and management much better in S1.
2017/11/23 14:47:51
bitflipper
azslow3

You only need to register the free version to qualify as a customer. I've been on the forum since ~2010, and I've never bought Studio One.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account