• Software
  • Presonus Will Have a Special Cakewalk Customer Crossgrade Price NEXT WEEK (p.5)
2017/11/23 15:00:20
subtlearts
werewindle
Well I managed to get a cross grade to Studio One 3 Professional for $111 as it appears earlier in year I got a free version Studio One Producer as part of a bundle which I'd completely forgotten about till I logged into my account. With $ to £ rate being very favourable at moment and advice from Softube regarding compatibility with Console 1 seemed a good offer.

Hate to say it but it looks like you could have gotten it cheaper... $84 once you're logged in... just in case anyone else in the same boat is reading... 
https://www.audiodeluxe.c...nal-upgrade-producer-2

2017/11/23 15:20:28
garry
I just installed the S1 demo and I'm lost. Can't get my head around that UI at all. Granted I haven't done any reading or tutorial watching (yet). Just launched it and started recording a song. The Black Friday pricing and/or cross-grade offer is tempting, but I'm just not feeling the love for this UI at first glance. I would not call it intuitive.

1) I mix entirely in track view with SONAR. I never, ever have the console shown. S1 doesn't appear to offer that as an option. Ugh.

2) Bundled plug-ins don't work in S1. The "Cakewalk only" stuff bundled with SONAR won't run. BReverb2 from Overloud for example. Scans fine, the window launches, but you get a license message and it won't work.

3) I could be missing something, but I really like the way I can show/hide the track inspector in SONAR. I don't care for pop-up windows overlaying my work space. I do know there is an S1 "inspector" panel you can show/hide but it doesn't have the graphic channel strip in it. Maybe there is a way to make the channel strip edit window dockable or something in S1.

4) the UI is dark and visually busy making it hard to read. Text is small. Maybe there are "themes" to choose from that I haven't found yet.

I'm giving myself four days to play with the demo and read up on it and I'll make decision Sunday night on whether to go for the BF deal or not on Monday. Any links to resources to jump start new S1 users would be appreciated.
2017/11/23 15:35:53
hbarton
I wanted to add my and experience to those who are thinking about trying Studio One. I had been using Sonar up to the X1 days and decided I wanted to see what other DAWs offered. I was also using Presonus FP10s and heard good things about Studio One, so I thought I would start there.

My work flow is mostly studio tracking/over dubs and mastering (and some MIDI), so YMMV if you are more into strictly MIDI. Presonus does have a product called Notion that integrates with Studio One, so if you work more with notation/MIDI, that is something I would look at (there is a Forum over at Presonus for that).

After working with Studio One for about a week, I found what I think is the hidden gem of Studio One - the Project page. The Project page is a built in mastering section where you can group your songs on a timeline and save them as a Project. From the Project page, you can jump back into the Song page and update/overdub, etc. a song or track. When you return to the Project page, you can use a single click to remaster the updated songs. As a small studio owner, you can jump from one customer's project to another in a matter of minutes and not have to hunt for folders and remember sequences. I know other programs provide this work flow, but it don't think it is as seamless as within Studio One (plus you need to purchase/maintain another program). You can also give a customer a mix down of all their songs from the Project page before they leave (again just a single click). There is not a lot of Youtubes on the Project page but there is some.

Another important note about Presonus is that Studio One is tightly integrated with Presonus hardware. Since Presonus produces both hardware and software, they control the drivers and make sure things talk.  The FaderPort and CS units provide amazing control. I recently decided to replace my Berhinger BCF and BCR units with the newer StudioLive III mixer. The mixer allows you to jump from tracking mode to full DAW control with a single button push and will be a major improvement for my workflow. Note that for other control surfaces there is built in mapping capabilities within Studio One that work well (so you may be able to use your present control surface to control DAW parameters).

Hope this input helps someone here decide what is next for them.

Keep in mind, there are still great folks at both Cakewalk and Gibson and this looks to be a giant screwup of Gibson management at the top level. Reading through the forum these days, there are a bunch of really great people wondering what is next. I might suggest there is a great forum over at Presonus waiting to help if you decide to go in that direction.
Take care,
h
2017/11/23 16:18:36
hermanoantequera
Well, with the Black Friday offer, Presonus is currently offering Studio One 3 for EUR 199.65. I wonder if the crossgrade offer for Sonar users will be any lower than that (or even higher)?
2017/11/23 16:30:28
rog999
hermanoantequera
Well, with the Black Friday offer, Presonus is currently offering Studio One 3 for EUR 199.65. I wonder if the crossgrade offer for Sonar users will be any lower than that (or even higher)?

Go to Audio deluxe login and pay for S1 3 pro in dollars $168.98 that works out at about £125

I cant see them beating that price
2017/11/23 16:40:50
hermanoantequera
I am unable to create an account at Audio Deluxe. I get an error message:

"There was a problem with your form submission. Please wait 2592000 seconds and try again."
2017/11/23 16:51:57
Shambler
I got the same, try it again later it does work.
2017/11/23 16:51:57
Shambler
Double post.
2017/11/23 16:53:10
icu81b4
Hmm, £125 IS a good price, but
Audio deluxe S1 3 pro is showing dollars $199.98 when I look at it at the moment? 

Also I can't seem to register an account with them at the moment.

2017/11/23 17:02:32
aidanodr
Keep this in mind. 

If buying next week via the Sonar Crossgrade at the PRESONUS Site .. The checkout system has VAT added / included in the price where applicable. In my case ( Ireland ) .. it adds the 23% ONTO the price quoted. You cannot change that as it takes the VAT amount from your address location ( I think ). At the moment thats €202 ( €165 + Irish Vat of 23% )

So AUDIODELUXE BLACKFRIDAY offer at $199 less another $32 at checkout once logged in bringing it to $168 or so ( €142 ). This $168 holds all the way through to PAYPAL or what ever you pay with regardless of address ..

So something we have to consider and make a decision on .. I doubt the Presonus crossgrade price next week plus VAT will be lower than the Audiodeluxe Blackfriday price of $168???

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account