• Software
  • Presonus Will Have a Special Cakewalk Customer Crossgrade Price NEXT WEEK (p.9)
2017/11/26 18:53:37
Larry Jones
peter434
Hello to everybody
The announcement from Presonus is cool, but why waiting after the Black Friday period if the price could be superior than the offer of third authorized dealers with a good additional discount : Around 169 $ ???. Any idea of a cost estimation ?
And secondly, I have Sonar X3. Do you think that I could pretend to the crossgrade price which could be exclusive to the Sonar Platinium version ?

Thanks for your attention.

If you want Studio One, I'd buy it now for $169. They might not honor a crossgrade from anything other than the latest SONAR (but they haven't told us yet), and the price might be the same (or not as good) on the crossgrade (but we don't know that at this time), plus you might have to jump through hoops "proving" you're a legitimate SONAR owner before you can get the crossgrade deal (still have your receipt for X3?). They must know how much they want to charge for the crossgrade -- even if it is a holiday weekend in the U.S. -- so I'm not sure why they're holding out crucial information on pricing until it's too late to get the Black Friday deal, but that seems to be what they're doing.
2017/11/26 19:03:26
peter434
Thank you very much Larry for your very discerning answer !! So I will grab the opportunity and take the plunge. Thanks again !

2017/11/26 19:14:52
karhide
I have gone for Studio One 3 because it has been recommend by a few friends.
2017/11/26 19:23:43
GIM Productions
Zo
Call me when they propose Oversampling , X ray , plugin menu layout and plugin permanet renaming , screensets , icons , templates ect .....:( love Studio one as a owner but a lot of simple stuff here and there makes me wanna quite and go back to sonar quikly ....

+1000000
Indeed!
I will work with Sonar Platinum for many years in my studio.....it's the best daw on the market,I do not want to get up on this hysterical wagon
2017/11/26 19:25:02
MagicMike
doncolga
Matron Landslide
denverdrummer

Simple things like double clicking to reset pan/vol controls, don't exist in Studio One.  Heck even Bitwig has that and it's been around for less time that Studio One.

You obviously haven't learnt how to use it then, in your example above it's 'ctrl click', job done in one fluid motion as apposed to SONARs 2

Just because you don't know how to use something properly, doesn't mean you should just go making things up.

I've always been able to do things way quicker in Studio One than I ever could in SONAR, even not long after I started using it 3 years ago, after having been using Cakewalk stuff since Pro Audio 9.

Studio One is just way more intuitive, with way better workflow.

Agreed and same with me.  Once I spent a little time with some very quick tutorial videos on S1, the workflow is way faster for me than in Sonar.  I also find track organization and management much better in S1.

I'm still undecided about my future DAW but the track management in Studio One looks really good.

Right click on a BUS and it will tell you what tracks are routed to that BUS. Click on the track in the list and it takes you straight to the track in the console. Neat.

I found this by accident - been on a frenzy of right-clicking ALT/Ctrl/Shift click etc
2017/11/26 19:33:34
emeraldsoul
Studio 1 knows what track you want record to, just click on the track.
Studio 1 automatically lets you hear the soft synth you just brought up, and kills midi inputs to the rest of your midi instruments.
In Studio 1, I can select a boatload of midi notes in PRV, then go to the "start" field and mousewheel a nudge for all the notes.
In Studio 1, exporting a mixdown is simply go the Song menu, pull down to "Export Mixdown" 

I don't know if Sonar Artist could do those things quite as easily or elegantly, but if so, I never found them. It was intuitive in S1.

just my .02

-Tom
2017/11/26 22:57:13
Mark D.
(Well you know what? I'm sticking with SPlat. It's working perfectly for me, and I see no reason to move to another DAW)

I agree with all your points but there is one issue. Windows does an update and Sonar stops working. That's my only concern. One can avoid Windows updates but you make it less safe. Run a version on a PC off the Internet, yeah, but it's very complicated when you have to port things from one platform to the next. Honestly if there are any fans of Sonar who can code and get their hands on the software nuts and bolts (should it never be acquired, or continue in a bare bones crew supported version) maybe they can do the simplest most important thing. That is make the current version work indefinitely as Windows continues to evolve. I don't know too much about that side of the the world of software coding, but that could be a possibility.
2017/11/27 04:14:15
Sacalait
If you haven't pulled the trigger on Studio One, I have a gut feeling that Tuesday will bring some good news for Sonar users.  But we'll have to wait until Tuesday to find out if it's so. 
2017/11/27 05:22:59
mixmkr
$165 at JRR shop for outright purchase.  I'd be surprised if anything was lower than that, but who knows...maybe the discounters will be able to discount the crossgrade.  Personally I went ahead and purchased as the price seemed fine to me.  Grabbed a faderport 8 at the same time, and excited about both.  Haven't been off S1 almost the entire weekend now and having no issues.  Melodyne seems to integrate much better.  Chomping for the physical delivery of the faderport.
BTW... $504 for both at JRR NOW.
2017/11/27 07:59:51
christian.landstrom
JRR 249$ for Studio one 3 and Notion.
Not a uppgrade or crossgrade what I could see. I live in Sweden so probably plus 25% for taxes.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account