2013/04/17 23:00:34
Paul P
Ok, so that wasn't a good idea. My X2 just hangs and I have to kill it.

So the Pentagon I.dll is the DXi plugin. And the P1DXi.dll is then ?

This hasn't been a good evening for me. I've intruded into two threads and only contributed confusion.
I'm off to bed.

2013/04/17 23:06:11
scook
I am not sure exactly what the "pentagon I.dll" is but if I had to guess it is the actual synth. If you look at the Plugin Manager, the P1DXi.dll is what is loaded as the DXi version of Pentagon.
2013/04/18 09:14:23
RickJP909
Hi Paul & Scook.

Thanks for your input and Paul, your comment was quite funny.  I'm glad you tried to load the other DLL though as I saw that too but didn't want to crash my Sonar so I tried it with VSTHost and it wouldn't load!  So I figured that it was only the DXi version.

Just in case you don't know already, have a look at this FREE VST Host software as I use it all the time for testing new VSTs, especially the free ones to make sure they run okay and for quickness to make sure it has what I want:

http://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm

He also does a VST wrapper which works really well for testing and running any VSTi as a standalone instrument:

http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm

I did see on another forum post that the version in the shop has the VSTi included but I was also wondering if it had a standalone wrapper included as the Triangle II contains all three!

I don't see as registered owners of Sonar, why we shouldn't be entitled to having all the versions for free so I've now sent an e-mail to customer services.

I'll also try clicking on the logos Paul as I wasn't aware that there was something hiding as I tried clicking in various places on the VSTs already!

Cheers guys . . .
2013/04/18 10:15:50
scook
Thanks for posting the VSTHost info. I have been using it for years, it is really handy stuff. I do not mind experimenting with SONAR, this type of test is pretty harmless.

I suspect you are correct about the wrapper code loading the synth; have not loaded Triangle II since moving to 64bit.

Pentagon may go freeware sometime in the future just like the older rgc synths. Until then, there is little reason for Cakewalk to bundle a version of Pentagon that can run in competing DAWs when they can include what is essentially a propriety version.

Most of the Cakewalk synths have something hidden behind the logo. Generally it is a splash screen containing version info. The older rgc synths are the exception.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account