• Software
  • Cubase Pro now half price for all Sonar refugees.
2017/11/23 17:43:03
Glyn Barnes
The vultures are circling. Is there a demo version of Cubase, I did not see one when I went looking.
2017/11/23 18:09:07
JClosed
There is a demo version of Cubase, but for anything higher than the Elements version you need to have the USB eLicencer.

But Cubase 9.5 pro for half of the price is a bargain. I "jumped ship" from Sonar to Cubase Pro, and did not regret that move. Especially the Control Room and MIDI editing was one of the main factors to switch DAW. Now I must say I really work a lot with MIDI, so people working more with audio could be better off with Studio One.
2017/11/23 18:09:47
Resonant Serpent
Not for the new 9.5. They don't release a demo until after the first maintenance update.

2017/11/23 18:38:04
cclarry
If you work in MIDI, Cubase is THE ticket IMO...

Looks like Presonus shot themselves in the foot by 
trying to wait out the BF sales to do theirs...
2017/11/23 18:38:27
lawajava
I'm just starting on it, but I like what I'm seeing in it. For a long-time Sonar user like me, it's an adjustment. I think it has some really strong aspects.
2017/11/23 21:44:00
Glyn Barnes
JClosed
There is a demo version of Cubase, but for anything higher than the Elements version you need to have the USB eLicencer.

But Cubase 9.5 pro for half of the price is a bargain. I "jumped ship" from Sonar to Cubase Pro, and did not regret that move. Especially the Control Room and MIDI editing was one of the main factors to switch DAW. Now I must say I really work a lot with MIDI, so people working more with audio could be better off with Studio One.

Cant seem to find it looking here - everything but Cubase unless I am going blind https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/steinberg_trial_versions.html

I do have a eLicencer for my XILS Labs software so that is not an issue.

Edit - OK found the 8.5 demo here https://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandevents/news/newsdetail/article/cubase-pro-85-trial-available-3528.html

2017/11/23 22:44:50
cecelius2
lawajava
I'm just starting on it, but I like what I'm seeing in it. For a long-time Sonar user like me, it's an adjustment. I think it has some really strong aspects.

Sonar was my first DAW, and has been my goto DAW since forever.  A couple years ago I got Cubase 7.5, then 8, then 8.5.  I agree that "it is an adjustment".  It took me about a month of watching Groove3 tutorials and youtube tutorials to feel confortable with it.  I also have Studio One 3 and Mixbus 4, and am now demoing Reaper and Mixcraft.  My opinion, and this is very subjective, but my opinion is that of these alternatives to Sonar, Cubase is the one that is actually an upgrade , more complete and a step up.   As Larry noted, the midi features are great.  Studio One and Mixcraft are much easier for the transition, but Cubase was/is worth the effort. 

My biggest complaint about Cubase is the GUI--for such a pro software, it's general appearance is more like a flashback to the early days of DAWS; I wish it had the skins/theme modifications that Sonar and Reaper have.  

I have never regretted getting Cubase as my backup to Sonar.  I plan to continue using Sonar until it no longer works, but Cubase is my backup, and I will be spending more and more time with it. 

If you have access to Groove3, it would be worth taking a quick tour, just so you can see what it has to offer.   Just my 2cents.
2017/11/24 06:20:16
kitekrazy1
Rumor has it will be $255.  That's almost tempting.  That's my Live upgrade right there. I think FL, Reaper, and Live will suffice.

They keep upgrading Reaper all of the time.
2017/11/24 06:20:21
kitekrazy1
Rumor has it will be $255.  That's almost tempting.  That's my Live upgrade right there. I think FL, Reaper, and Live will suffice.

They keep upgrading Reaper all of the time.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account