• Software
  • Cubase Pro now half price for all Sonar refugees. (p.2)
2017/11/24 11:21:48
cclarry
Well Sweetwater is STILL showing $325 for the Crossgrade...

So I don't know where anyone saw $225 at...

2017/11/24 12:01:55
msorrels
I think the US pricing for the SONAR crossgrade may not go live till Monday (according to posts on KvR).  I also think they have said the Sweetwater price will be $255 not this $225 some people are quoting. 

I was already planning to get Cubase anyway, though not till Spring/Summer.  I ordered an eLicenser on Tuesday using points at Musician's Friend, right after the Cakewalk announcement.  Though to be honest I don't think Cubase and I will get along very well.  No 32-bit plugins and no ARA seem like a big loss.
2017/11/24 12:15:55
cclarry
According to the thread posted upstairs by Greg from Cubase it
will be live on the 24th...that's today
2017/11/24 12:56:31
mudgel
msorrels
I think the US pricing for the SONAR crossgrade may not go live till Monday (according to posts on KvR).  I also think they have said the Sweetwater price will be $255 not this $225 some people are quoting. 

I was already planning to get Cubase anyway, though not till Spring/Summer.  I ordered an eLicenser on Tuesday using points at Musician's Friend, right after the Cakewalk announcement.  Though to be honest I don't think Cubase and I will get along very well.  No 32-bit plugins and no ARA seem like a big loss.

It will do 32 bit with jBridge.
2017/11/24 14:30:54
msorrels
Does jBridge still need to run as admin?  That wasn't a workable system for me last time I looked at it.  I have a couple of other plugins that can act as bridges though, but I'd prefer the DAW itself support the plugins formats I have/use.  I don't like Ableton because it doesn't do VST3 for the same reasons.  I do think Cubase's MIDI features will be very welcome and dongles and I get along just fine.

I doubt I'll stop using SONAR though, but I always get a lot out of learning and using other applications.  If you really want to learn a DAW I think learning and using another different one can be one of the most instructive thing you can do.  The differences and likenesses can help you refocus on what you are doing and how you are doing it.  I think it applies to lots of things really.
2017/11/25 01:40:56
bwbalint
Cubase pro 9.5 crossgrade is now $255 on Sweetwater.  This was at 8:40 PM eastern USA time.  

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CubaseP95CG

2017/11/25 15:00:45
ZincTrumpet
bwbalint
Cubase pro 9.5 crossgrade is now $255 on Sweetwater.  This was at 8:40 PM eastern USA time.  

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CubaseP95CG

Now that is very tempting! When I look through most of my projects they are mainly MIDI with in-the-box instruments and some vocal/guitar audio tracks. I can get a USB e-licenser for £16 so with the $255 (~£192) for Cubase Pro from Sweetwater that's around £208. Hmmm.
2017/11/25 16:06:31
mikedocy
Me too. I already had Studio One so was planning to transition to that but...
Cubase looks like an upgrade from Sonar. I'm thinking that if I have to change my daw it would be nice to upgrade to something with more features/flexibility, like Cubase.
I'm going watch youtube videos all day to help me decide.

2017/11/25 16:43:48
ZincTrumpet
mikedocy
Me too. I already had Studio One so was planning to transition to that but...
Cubase looks like an upgrade from Sonar. I'm thinking that if I have to change my daw it would be nice to upgrade to something with more features/flexibility, like Cubase.
I'm going watch youtube videos all day to help me decide.

Good idea re YouTube! Me too :) I already have S1 Pro, Reaper and Cubase Elements but I suspect that Cubase Pro is a BIG upgrade in terms of features.
2017/11/25 19:07:18
Wookiee
And there is the Rub not only do you have to buy the software but one also need to tie up a USB port with a dam dongle, which is an additional expense in its own right. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account