2012/10/04 12:56:37
hatflyer
does anyone know of any good solo violins?  i have EWQL symphony orchestra, but i'm not completly satisfied.  i think vienna symphono solo strings are supposed to be good.  any others?

thanks.

2012/10/04 13:17:20
Ham N Egz
EWQL Gypsy...
2012/10/04 14:17:32
Mesh
2012/10/04 15:41:02
IK Obi
Miroslav Philharmonik. Super simple with a great sound out of the box.
2012/10/04 18:13:25
ohgrant
musicman100

EWQL Gypsy...

+1

IK Obi

+1 Obi it is indeed a great synth but I think for solo violin, Gypsy is more suitable because of the articulations. Really responds well to live playing. I would think if a person plans to program the articulations, Philharmonik is the way to go. 
  I only have about 5 sample libraries, those 2 are my favorite
2012/10/05 02:04:40
cecelius2
Mesh

Kirk Hunter Solo Strings

http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/products_solo_str_ii2.html
I am a big fan of Kirk Hunter strings.  My favorite solo violin is actually in his Diamond Orchestra; it is his romantic violin.  It is stunningly gorgeous, emotive, expressive, tearful--yeah I am sold on it.

2012/10/05 02:35:53
Kuusniemi
I recently purchased Spitfire Audio Solo Strings and am really liking the sound of them. They sound quite alive and the legato patch sound very nice.

I'll also give EWQL Gypsy a +1 for the violin. It's really fantastic, though personally I'm not liking the PLAY engine... But that's my personal opinion and shouldn't prevent anyone from going for it. :) With Gypsy you get other good stuff as well (especially the trombone and the guitars).

I can also recommend Vienna's strings (I have the Special Edition). With these though you have to be prepared to do a little more tweaking as the sound is really raw and dry. But they sound fantastic. 

The Kirk Hunter violin is also nice. It works really well straight out of the box.

Then there's always AudioBro' LA Scoring Strings First Chair 2... http://audiobro.com/la-scoring-strings/la-scoring-strings-first-chair/

2012/10/05 13:09:55
IK Obi
ohgrant

musicman100

EWQL Gypsy...

+1

IK Obi

+1 Obi it is indeed a great synth but I think for solo violin, Gypsy is more suitable because of the articulations. Really responds well to live playing. I would think if a person plans to program the articulations, Philharmonik is the way to go. 
  I only have about 5 sample libraries, those 2 are my favorite

Philharmonik is one of my favorite sample libraries out too, but I can see why'd you'd say that. 
2012/10/05 13:47:19
vintagevibe
I still like Miroslav but the lack of key switching makes it too cumbersome these days.
2012/10/06 17:05:18
IK Obi
You could get by fine in a pinch with Miroslav and still come out with great sounding strings.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account