2012/10/06 22:40:04
ltb
Embertone is also currently working on a Solo Violin.

http://soundcloud.com/emb.../embertone-solo-violin

2012/12/22 21:42:40
tubbie
GRACIAS
2012/12/22 21:49:25
Jeff Evans
I have got AAS String Studio and they have got some rather nice solo string sounds. They are not using samples either, it is a modelling instrument. Violin is a hard one. My wife is a beautiful violinist and she is always telling me those synths and VST's are just no good. She is right, the real deal is way better. 

It depends too in what context. If it is just a line playing more in the background as part of a larger arrangement then any of the above suggestions will work (including AAS, I have used the solo Cello patch very well in some situations) but if its solo violin and maybe another instrument it is much harder.
2012/12/24 21:10:21
inaheartbeat
I am a huge fan of Kirk Hunter's strings. I have both the Diamond Symphony Strings and the Concert Strings II packages. I am sure you would love either one.

He had a huge sale on this stuff last year in a group purchase. Don't know if that happened this year.
2012/12/24 21:16:39
Rbh
Garritan makes a solo violin as well as the gofriller solo cello. Might be worth a listen.
2012/12/25 18:05:43
haydn12
The Garritan solo violin and cello have been discontinued.  They were supposed to be replaced by the GOS2 library which has never been released.

Jim
2012/12/25 23:26:17
John6528
vintagevibe

I still like Miroslav but the lack of key switching makes it too cumbersome these days.

Also... any change in articulation with Miroslav pretty much means another midi channel and another instrument. IF you are back and forth pizz, arco, stacatto and so on it can be a beast.

John
2012/12/26 10:33:54
bitflipper
The trick to expressive strings in Miroslav is velocity layers. Although not suitable for any kind of serious orchestration, for pop & rock strings it's adequate and a bargain at the current price. Velocity layering requires only a single MIDI channel. Yes, it does require loading multiple instruments - but any sampler does, and compared to, say, Kontakt, Miroslav is much lighter on RAM.

That said, the OP specifically asked for the "best" solo violin, and Miroslav ain't in the running. Spitfire's Albion Solo Strings, however, are a contender for that title. At nearly 300 bucks, they won't be finding their way onto my hard drive anytime soon, but as soon as my lottery investments start paying off it's on my shopping list.

2014/08/07 10:17:26
Gusdetar
http://m.soundcloud.com/augustine-detar/violin-piano-duet

I did this with lass FC settings
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account