2014/08/07 11:17:21
wizard71
Love the LASS FC 2nd chair. 
Also try the embertone friedlander violin is worth a listen
2014/08/07 15:12:54
cclarry
East Wests Solo Violin is decent.
The SV in Gypsy is better....but SV is still pretty good.
2014/08/07 16:16:54
dmbaer

The Embertone library for Kontakt is extensively reviewed here:

http://soundbytesmag.net/embertonefriedlanderviolin/

The reviewer (a fellow who knows of what he speaks) was quite enthusiastic about it.
2014/08/07 23:26:39
cliffr
+1 on the EW Gypsy Violin.

I have a few solo violins, and so far I haven't found any magic bullet.

They all have their strengths (well ... most have some strengths) and weaknesses.
I find myself choosing my violin by 'shootout', and the EW Gypsy violin is usually right up there.

I have the QL Solo violin too, but the Gypsy Violin usually beats it out hands down.
Again though ... so many variables, it depends on the piece.

I have the new Embertone upgrade and it's quite a cool piece of kit, allows for some very expressive playing. However, like I said, I've not found any one solo library that cuts the mustard across the board. It works really well for some stuff, and not others.

I'll be trying some more with the Embertone now I have the upgrade, but in the last two works I did, it's the Gypsy Violin that's come to my rescue.

I'd have to say IMO forget Miroslav, not in the running by a country mile.

No doubt, I too will be adding to my collection of Solo Violins at some stage.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

Cheers - Cliff
2014/08/08 02:47:36
lawajava
hatflyer
does anyone know of any good solo violins?  i have EWQL symphony orchestra, but i'm not completly satisfied.  i think vienna symphono solo strings are supposed to be good.  any others?

thanks.

If you're not satisfied with EWQL, you certainly should listen to some samples from Kirk Hunter Strings. Very satisfying, and interesting settings are available.
2014/08/08 02:50:40
Glyn Barnes
Some pretty good info, but I wonder if the OP is still following, this thread was revived from December 2012
2014/08/08 06:51:14
cclarry
Good eye Glyn...I didn't even notice that...
2014/08/08 09:25:50
SmokeyJ628
Glyn Barnes
Some pretty good info, but I wonder if the OP is still following, this thread was revived from December 2012

I often wonder about such necro-posts.  The bumper made their first post ever on the Cakewalk forums by reviving a 2 year old thread.  Did they just randomly go to a forum and hope there's a violin thread so they could post?  I guess to get hits on their music link?  I dunno.
2014/08/08 12:16:09
Kroneborge
lol, I didn't notice that either.  Funny, how the thread still seemed relevant.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account