2013/03/23 17:07:50
swamptooth
Mosvalve

tonedef

If you do talk to Cakewalk, please let us know how you make out.  Others may run into this issue sooner or later.

Thanks and good luck!
ToneDeF

since my last post on this thread  I've been communicating with Jon at Cake to resolve this issue.  I sent him screenshots of my settings as he suggested try some buffer increases but it did not resolve the problem. Yesterday he had me try playing my pattern in a blank project but skips still occurred.  Today his suggested testing my pattern with SI Drums. No skips occurred in the blank project as well as the real project. So it's something with session drummer itself. I probably won't hear from him until Monday. I'll keep you posted.

set your midi buffers to 100 or so, in preferences/audio/configuration file set extrapluginbufs to 32.  I know it sounds counterintuitive, but reduce your asio buffer size.  this will also happen if you have swing settings too far either one way or the other.   this can also be a problem with the sfz files themselves (an odd parameter here or there).  which kit are you using and which drums is it affecting?

edit - oh, and latest info suggests enable metronome on playback, but mute the metronome bus.  for some reason this is helping folks when looping audio.
2013/03/23 23:17:35
Mosvalve
swamptooth

Mosvalve

tonedef

If you do talk to Cakewalk, please let us know how you make out.  Others may run into this issue sooner or later.

Thanks and good luck!
ToneDeF

since my last post on this thread  I've been communicating with Jon at Cake to resolve this issue.  I sent him screenshots of my settings as he suggested try some buffer increases but it did not resolve the problem. Yesterday he had me try playing my pattern in a blank project but skips still occurred.  Today his suggested testing my pattern with SI Drums. No skips occurred in the blank project as well as the real project. So it's something with session drummer itself. I probably won't hear from him until Monday. I'll keep you posted.

set your midi buffers to 100 or so, in preferences/audio/configuration file set extrapluginbufs to 32.  I know it sounds counterintuitive, but reduce your asio buffer size.  this will also happen if you have swing settings too far either one way or the other.   this can also be a problem with the sfz files themselves (an odd parameter here or there).  which kit are you using and which drums is it affecting?

edit - oh, and latest info suggests enable metronome on playback, but mute the metronome bus.  for some reason this is helping folks when looping audio.

Jon emailed me on Friday and said to delete session drummer and re-install it. Did that and still skips. So far it's only the snare that skips. I'm not changing any of the settings like swing etc. They are at their default positions. I created a kit using the kick ride and crash from jbsonr kit, the snare is from dsf studio kit, the toms are from the andy johns kit, the hat is from the SL tight kit. I tried your suggestion but it's still skipping. I don't use loops so I'm not sure that applies to my situation. I use the step sequencer to work out the drum parts then I'll actually play my electronic drum set when I'm ready to record the drums.

My buffer settings are as follows:

ASIO 256. I tried several different settings.

File System: Playback 1024 - Recording 128

Midi record: 128  -  Midi playback 500

Something with session drummer just don't like to play nice.

Thanks for helping.
2013/03/24 10:45:19
Paul P

Only the snare skips ? Anything special about the snare beat-wise ?

Have you looked at the snare's sfz file ?

Do other SD kits, instruments, patterns miss notes also ?

2013/03/24 11:37:56
Mosvalve
Paul P

Only the snare skips ? Anything special about the snare beat-wise ?

Have you looked at the snare's sfz file ?

Do other SD kits, instruments, patterns miss notes also ?

No matter what kit I choose I get skips and a couple of times the kick shipped. I'm doing nothing special to the snare and it happens to any snare I choose. I'm at a loss and I think cake is too..
2013/03/24 13:39:44
Paul P
Ok, so what is special about snare hits ?

Are they possibly the most intense transients ?
Could it have something to do with a limiter or compressor clamping down only on strong transients ?

And the odd intense kick would cause the same result ?

I'm just throwing stuff at you in an attempt to narrow things down.

What if you set up a pattern with just a bunch of snare hits at regular intervals, then play with the interval and the velocity ?

2013/03/26 21:53:00
swamptooth
i'd check the sfz file to see if there's a round robin that's constructed improperly - that would be an erroneous seq_length setting or missing a seq_position sample.
2013/03/27 17:50:42
Mosvalve
swamptooth

i'd check the sfz file to see if there's a round robin that's constructed improperly - that would be an erroneous seq_length setting or missing a seq_position sample.

How do I do that?
2013/03/27 22:54:40
swamptooth
which drum kit are you using???
2013/03/28 18:51:23
Mosvalve
swamptooth

which drum kit are you using???

Well it doesn't matter since the skipping occurs with any kit but for this one I'm using a kit I created and the snare is

DSF Studio kit rim snare 1&2 brass rand.sfz
2013/03/28 19:04:38
Elffin
nothing to with antivirus realtime scanning?  just mention it as a check...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account