2013/03/18 10:49:27
fatar760

Hi, 

I currently have Dimension Pro running with Cubase Studio 4 set up on my PC. 

I'm wishing to buy either a laptop or a mac book for when I start working abroad. 

Is it possible for me to reinstall my copy of Dimension Pro, along with Cubase onto a new laptop/mac book whilst retaining my version on my current desktop PC? Will there be a problem with the licence?

Thanks in advance for any replies.  
2013/04/03 13:10:13
techead
Read through the license agreement that came with the software--it should tell you if such is acceptable.  Or contact Cakewalk and ask directly for the clarification.
2013/04/03 13:21:36
chuckebaby
you can I believe, but you can only use it on one machine at a time.
so you can have it installed on both machines but cant use it on both at the same time,
hence the reason to buy another license (not in your case)
but if I was allowed to use both at the same time then I could be one and my studio operator could be using the other, that's what they don't want.

only use it one computer at a time.
2013/04/05 11:16:34
CakeMaker
Hey Fatar,

It's fine to have it installed on two, they simply ask that you not use them both simultaneously.  It is assumed that everyone has a desktop & a laptop now and that's fine to have it on both.  Just use them only one at a time.  

HTH,
2013/04/08 06:25:32
fatar760
Thanks for the replies guys. 

I've managed to get most of my stuff installed on my laptop - including Dimension Pro although for SOME reason Cubase can't actually find it when I try to open the VST instruments. 

Also, on my desktop I have a prog called Dimension Pro 64 that, when I open, brings up the VST window (I guess it's a means of accessing the instruments away from using Cubase) but this has not installed on the laptop. 

Any ideas where I'm going wrong on both matters?
2013/04/08 09:28:33
AT
The DimPro "program" is the stand alone version w/ a microhost

Make sure you installed the VST version.  There used to be DXI and VST versions available, I believe.

Don't know nothing about Cubase, but you may have to run a scan like in SONAR for new VSTs to show up.

@
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account