2013/03/25 17:26:05
Brando
anvanho

I have tried for days now, I have found no very helpful step-by-step guide to correctly assign Garritan Sounds into my Sonar 7.0 tracks. I do find some references to doing it with Sonar X* but not with Sonar 7.0 .. so the steps described do not coincide exactly with menu choices I am finding with the program. Can someone please recommend a link; forum post; tutorial; etc, that can help me work this out? I can get sounds through my ARIA Player fine by itself; but how do I assign THOSE sounds to SONAR tracks I have? Thanks!!! Would be greatly appreciated!

I don't have Finale, but I bought Garrian Personal Orchestra a few years ago, which comes with the Aria player. It works great here (X2, but I've previously used it in X1 and 8.5.3) and assuming it's not crippled, it should work.
I took the brute force/easy way to get it to work. In your Program Files directory (or Program Files x86 if you are windows 32 bit), under Garritan, under Aria Player, Under VST, find the .dll files for the Aria Player - "Aria Player Multi VST _x64.dll" and "....x86.dll" are respectively the 64 bit and 32 bit versions of the Multi-voice/output player. "Aria Player VST _x64.dll" and "....x86.dll" are the single output versions. I just copied the 64 bit versions to my 64 bit plugin folder, and did the same for the 32 bit versions (to my 32 bit plug folder). Don't forget to rescan your plugs in the plugin manager in SONAR.

It may be more correct to just add the program files (or program files x86)/Garritan/Aria Player/VST directory to the plugin manager in SONAR so as not to have 2 versions of the same plug on your system. Whatever works for you. 

Once it is set up it will appear in SONAR under a Garritan heading as "Aria Player....". Just insert it as you would any other VSTi. I would start with the Single output version to test it out and for simplicity. Pick the first (empty) slot - and click. You should get a menu, which in my case points to "GPO" - at the bottom, which in turn let's me select whatever sound I want to insert. If you can get that far, you should be all set.

Hope this helps and hope you are able to get it working.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account