2015/04/20 20:56:28
einstein36
Hi there,
I have noticed over several versions of Sonar that when one actually deletes a track of a VST synth, that the actual rack part of the vst synth is still there when you expand it. I have also noticed that the more you keep adding synths, etc. that the file size keeps growing.
I was wondering if maybe the bakers could write in the code to actually wipe out ALL of the vst synths including from the rack so that the file doesn't grow in size.
Me personally, I usually add about 10 or so different VST synths to a song and then delete them as I feel don't need them, but recently found out that the tracks are gone, but the vst synths are still in the rack.
Thanks and hopefully see this feature soon:)

2015/04/21 01:36:58
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
FYI - if you do it the other way round i.e. delete the synth and not the track(s), it gives you the option to delete all tracks which belong to the synth (associated tracks)
2015/04/22 11:51:40
einstein36
that will definitely work....:)

2015/04/22 12:08:00
synkrotron
I also delete the synths from the rack rather than deleting the track. Sometimes I want to keep the MIDI info. That's the way I have always done it to be honest, at least since the synth rack was introduced.
2015/04/22 16:42:40
einstein36
it just really comes down to workflow:).....sometimes, I'm on a roll making music and some track I really don't like, I just delete it and throw another one in....
I just keep forgetting about the sythn rack since it's out of sight, out of mind:)

2015/04/22 17:25:02
BobF
FreeFlyBertl
FYI - if you do it the other way round i.e. delete the synth and not the track(s), it gives you the option to delete all tracks which belong to the synth (associated tracks)

This is the way I always do this
2015/04/22 23:14:11
robert_e_bone
If you are used to deleting tracks first, you can always just hit 'B' every now and then to pop the synth rack (Media Browser Pane) back into view.

Bob Bone

2015/04/23 13:34:49
einstein36
Most definitely...thanks guys.....:)
No wonder I like the cakewalk forums...full of helpful people....

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account