2015/04/21 10:42:20
mnicholszero
Not too long ago, I remember seeing bunches of slimline keyboards with color-coded keys for different commands in SONAR. With the breakthrough of RGB-illuminated keyboards like the RAZER Blackwidow Chroma, as well as the Chroma SDK which allows software developers to bake in support for illumination, it seems to me like this would be a viable alternative to that kind of keyboard, and then some, given the fact that the illuminate doesn't have to be on constantly, like stickers on a keyboard. You wouldn't be stuck with one color scheme that only made sense for one program, when producers are generally running multiple programs with diverse key command structures and layouts.

Also, this would be a cool opportunity for end users to create and implement custom macros for key commands that might be lengthy. 

Thoughts? Would it just be extra weight in SONAR, that no one would ever use, or would it turn into a valuable tool? Would it be just as easy to release a custom illumination scheme to run separately from SONAR?

Thanks! :)
2015/04/21 12:00:56
BobF
IMO, doing something like embedding Lua would be far more flexible and capable ...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account