2015/04/21 22:42:46
thornton
can we get a master bus  audio analyzer  embedded in prochannel just like the eq is embedded
2015/04/21 23:37:08
John
I moved this here because it will get a better exposer for features. I like the idea except it may involve more CPU. If CW can do this without adding a burden on the CPU I am for it.   
2015/04/22 06:33:15
synkrotron
Personally, I think an audio analyser in the ProChannel would be too small. I prefer to add either Voxengo SPAN or FabFilter Pro-Q in my Master Bus effects bin...
2015/04/22 08:00:51
bluzdog
synkrotron
Personally, I think an audio analyser in the ProChannel would be too small. I prefer to add either Voxengo SPAN or FabFilter Pro-Q in my Master Bus effects bin...

I concur. The PC EQ already has a basic analyzer and there lots of quality third party offerings. Several of them are free and they can be moved around as needed i.e. drag to another buss or track. Why jam one into the PC that would be stationary?

Rocky
2015/04/22 18:33:20
mettelus
I agree with the above comments. I also prefer to move the UI for SPAN to a second monitor so I can access SONAR controls without disturbing the SPAN window. It is common to switch between track and console view so I don't want the analyzer window moving or disappearing on me.
2015/04/22 19:14:28
bitflipper
One more nod of agreement with the above observations.

Such a miniaturized spectrum analyzer would be too small for any kind of detailed analysis. I run SPAN or MMultiAnalyzer as large as will fit on my screen.

There are other benefits to a standard plugin, such as the ability to insert the analyzer at any point in the signal chain or have multiple instances on one track. Plus I'd just be reluctant to go back to the days when spectrum analyzers merely painted a graph; nowadays they often do much more.

To OP I'd say: it's not a bad idea, nobody's mocking it. But there are already better ways to analyze your master bus.
2015/04/24 06:20:52
mudgel
Only applicable for the PC if it can be expanded. And far bigger than the current PC eq.
2015/04/24 07:16:22
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Although certainly not a bad idea I'm happy with what I got in form of 3rd party plugs - most of them even free plugs. thus i agree with above replies ...

It takes more than just a large display and fast analyzer e.g. I find it quite useful to have serveral inputs that then allow to superimpose a track/bus on the master ...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account