2015/04/24 09:22:47
theheliosequence
mettelus
http://src.infinitewave.ca/

Many SRC's are reaching "top notch" capacity... you can compare them via the "Converter" drop down. I use Audition CS5.5 for "wave work."

Yes, a great reference site and cool that they've kept updating it all these years!

But which one's are "looking" top notch to you? I only see a few. Best performer seems to be the free FinalCD program I mentioned above. I would be more than happy to be able to use that when importing files into Sonar. I've done the A/B tests. Not using Sonar's current SRC on any of my files... but I'm not knocking anyone else if they do!

Anywho, even though I disagree with some of the comments, I appreciate the feedback and discussion. I've been using Cakewalk since Home 3.0 back in the 90's. I'm all for it to improve like everyone else. We all just have different things we want to get out of it. I personally would love to be able to do an SRC on an entire project... but wouldn't use the feature with the current SRC included in Sonar.
2015/04/24 09:27:37
theheliosequence
mettelus
I agree with Bit's point. SONAR's SRC is already one of the best and one "under the hood" feature many take for granted is if you import audio into a project, the SRC gets done automatically behind the scenes on the import.

What "lacks" is a process function to "Convert Project Sample Rate." A Process with a UI similar to the Export dialog would be great to have where an entire project could be saved, converted, and given a new name automatically. Then could keep audio/video versions of a project "side by side," per se.

Only downside of this is that all audio interfaces do not play well in the sandbox with each other, but if the audio engine disengaged first, it seems such a thing would be feasible. I am curious how others do such "on the fly," though.

I imagine the work around for doing the SRC on a project would be a 'save as' sort of function with the processing done offline. Once it's complete, you'd just open up the session like any other. That would work, wouldn't it?
2015/04/24 10:25:22
mettelus
I have never really tried this, as it has always been more painful than I would like. I have always just finished at the sample rate I was working and then converted the master track for use.

For the site linked above (I have not looked at it in a while), the Sweep test is a good indicator of things... the background should be as black as possible with a single exponential line. If that holds true, the other tests tend to be similarly on the ball. Can run through them with the < and > keys. I was actually surprised to see Ableton Live 9.11 is suddenly "up there" now too - big jump from 9.03.

Edit: Adobe's CS6 Media Encoder is terrible! I was just tabbing through them and happened to catch that. I think that is linked to hand shake with Premiere Pro (video), but not sure exactly what it's purpose is.

Also of note to anyone reading this thread... some of the good ones are free.
2015/04/24 13:51:41
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
theheliosequence
I imagine the work around for doing the SRC on a project would be a 'save as' sort of function with the processing done offline. Once it's complete, you'd just open up the session like any other. That would work, wouldn't it?

Well, that's what I was trying to say in my earlier post ;-)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account