2017/11/22 23:49:19
bitflipper
Question for S1 users: anybody using the full Melodyne Editor with it? I really liked how smoothly it integrated into SONAR.
2017/11/23 00:08:52
dubdisciple
bitflipper
Question for S1 users: anybody using the full Melodyne Editor with it? I really liked how smoothly it integrated into SONAR.

Honestly, I think it integrated better with Sonar. My sample size with using it is small so take with that in mind. I don't use much.
2017/11/23 00:10:22
Yes, I always felt that the Studio One ARA integration was superior, most certainly far less flakey/buggy and prone to all the anomalies that I experienced with SONAR and that get reported here. You naturally find differences in certain procedures etc, but as for the integration/implementation, Studio One seems to be much more robust, I guess as the Co developers of the ARA technology along with Celemony they may have a foot in the DAW (sorry)

But there is only one way to find out, and that is for yourself.

I have the latest Melodyne Studio Edition

[edit] I also recall people posting here that you couldn't do such ansuc with Studio One (I think it had to do with freezing and unfreezing or something, can't recall with certainty) but of course you could/can, they just didn't know how to do it.You need to learn how something is done in a product that is new to you, and not just throw your arms up and say it doesn't, of course you know that, and once you know then the playing field is evened out. You can't necessarily as some expect, do something in a product you have only started using as quickly or efficiently as you can in a product you have been using for years. That is an unrealistic expectation.
2017/11/23 01:33:48
mikedocy
bitflipper

Studio One was the first DAW to have the full ARA implementation of Melodyne.
They had it about 6 months before Sonar had it.

2017/11/23 01:49:32
bitflipper
OK, I'll take that as a "yes" - Melodyne Studio (not Melodyne Essential) is as seamlessly integrated in Studio One as it is in SONAR. 
2017/11/23 01:50:04
olemon
ZincTrumpet
When I was familiarising myself with Studio One Pro a few months back, I found a really good Eli Krantzberg video on Groove 3 where he creates a song from start to finish. It's called First Song with Studio One 3.

Same here.  I was looking at Studio One because of the PreSonus hardware it supports, like the Faderport(s), and because several Youtube mixers are using it, but I have so much time and $$ invested in Sonar already, and for what I do it's more than I'll ever need.  Waiting and seeing I guess.
2017/11/23 02:05:57
hbarton
bitflipper

Yes, the Melodyne Editor software works well. Presonus was one of the first to integrate Melodyne directly into the DAW (Melodyne Assistant). A note of caution, if you already have the Editor package and purchase Studio One Pro, be careful you don't install the Assistant version of Melodyne that comes with Studio One (your Editor version will automatically integrate with Studio One (use the custom install to unselect Melodyne installation).

h
2017/11/23 02:14:07
Fleer
I hope Melinda Gates buys Logic Pro.
2017/11/23 02:14:26
hbarton
olemon
ZincTrumpet
When I was familiarising myself with Studio One Pro a few months back, I found a really good Eli Krantzberg video on Groove 3 where he creates a song from start to finish. It's called First Song with Studio One 3.

Same here.  I was looking at Studio One because of the PreSonus hardware it supports, like the Faderport(s), and because several Youtube mixers are using it, but I have so much time and $$ invested in Sonar already, and for what I do it's more than I'll ever need.  Waiting and seeing I guess.

A good point worth mentioning is that Presonus is both a hardware "AND" software company and the Presonus surfaces (Faderport, CS series) integrate tightly with Studio One. For the studio, the new StudioLive III mixers look very interesting and should have full DAW control very soon (with a FW upgrade due by the end of the year). 

h
2017/11/23 03:30:37
Fleer
That's a good point. Companies combining hardware and software have an edge.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account