• Software
  • Cakewalk is dead?--Have you seen this thread? (p.2)
2017/11/22 00:17:27
Serious_Noize!
For anyone who feels abandoned by this company and it's software. I can only say : LOOK: YES YOU WERE!!!!!!!

While I have NOTHING to do with this DAW, CHECK THIS DAW OUT! 

For anyone interested in Reaper, which I have absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM!!!!
But I am thinking of going back to using them, here are some useful links that might help you 
transitioning to Reaper if that is what you choose to do. 

Link to download the Reaper Daw.

Check out the better menu set to simplify things :

Better Menu Set.

SWS allows you to use the JS Scripts which you can make your own. 

Make sure and get SWS Extension here. 

The Pro Tools cursors come in real handy where your mouse goes. Works great! 

Pro Tools Cursor's for Reaper here. 

Alternate similar theme to Cakewalk for Reaper here.

Stonar - similar Cakewalk them here - scroll to the bottom it's free.

Make Reaper look like Cubase theme here. 

There are TON's of themes for Reaper to make it look like Pro Tools, Logic, even Acid Pro. You can find them here. 

Link to Reaper Themes here. 

Like I said, I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the REAPER DAW COMPANY. But I have used it before and haven't used it in a while and I kept these links that I am sharing here just in case I decided to go back to Reaper. 
Hope this helps someone. 

I guess it's time for me to start migrating onto Reaper or some other daw. 

Probably get banned for posting these links, but at this point, does it really matter? All I am doing is trying to help those who may be looking for another daw from a company that abandoned them. 

Best of luck everyone!

Bobby
2017/11/22 01:13:10
cecelius2
While Sonar has been my #1 DAW, I use three others frequently and in this order:  Mixbus (for stems and final masters), Cubase 9, and Studio One Pro 3.  I probably will now start more and more to use Cubase to "replace" Sonar as it is the most full featured of my DAWs even though it looks horrible and is more complicated.  I will also still use Mixbus and Studio One.  Given the positive reviews and praise around here for years, I will also look into Reaper; I just had no need for it for me because Sonar has been so solid for so long. 

BTW, I started using with Cakewalk back in 1994/95 with Cakewalk Dos back when it was on floppy disks and have been a loyal user ever since then.  It is a sad day for me to loose a long time and such a reliable "friend".
2017/11/22 02:02:35
Serious_Noize!
For anyone who feels abandoned by this company and it's software. I can only say : LOOK: YES YOU WERE!!!!!!!

For anyone interested in Reaper, which I have absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM!!!!
But I am thinking of going back to using them, here are some useful links that might help you 

Better Menu Set.

There are TON's of themes for Reaper to make it look like Pro Tools, Logic, even Acid Pro. You can find them here. 

Like I said, I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the REAPER DAW COMPANY. But I have used it before and haven't used it in a while and I kept these links that I am sharing here just in case I decided to go back to Reaper. 
Hope this helps someone. 

Probably get banned for posting these links, but at this point, does it really matter? All I am doing is trying to help those who may be looking for another daw from a company that abandoned them. 

Best of luck everyone!

Bobby

Also they have a SONAR To REAPER Guide pdf to help with transition, it is dated but still serves its purpose, REAPER has quite a large number of SONAR refugees

https://www.reaper.fm/guides/SONARtoREAPER.pdf
2017/11/23 00:46:31
Serious_Noize!
Matron Landslide
Serious_Noize!

Better Menu Set.

Hope this helps someone. 

Best of luck everyone!

Bobby

Also they have a SONAR To REAPER Guide pdf to help with transition, it is dated but still serves its purpose, REAPER has quite a large number of SONAR refugees

https://www.reaper.fm/guides/SONARtoREAPER.pdf

Something anyone getting into Reaper needs to realize. And it is very important. The way that Reaper handles FOLDER's for tracks, it basically takes all those tracks and makes the folder track a BUS. 

It's simple to get around that, what you do is select the SENDS/RECEIVE Option for the FOLDER and UN CHECK send to master. Because otherwise that Folder will act as a BUS for all the Child Tracks/Tracks in that folder. Took me a little while to figure that one out. But for those of you wanting to know why when you add a VSTi and it creates multiple sends and your stuck with the FOLDER being the BUS, that's why, you need to un select on the FOLDER track "SEND TO MASTER" that way the tracks send to the master individually, or wherever you may want to route them, ton's of options on routing. 

For the RECORD, I am not on the YOU MUST USE REAPER SINCE SONAR IS NO MORE BANDWAGON.  Like many here, I am worry about my activation and possible issues. That being said, reaper can do it all without any help from Cakewalk VST/VSTi's.................. 

I'd rather use Sonar any day of the week, but considering the circumstances I can't help but migrate to another DAW, and for me Reaper is familiar in a way because I used it a couple years ago before settling on Sonar Pro. 

I am sharing this information in the hopes that it may help someone else and that is all. Hope this helps someone. 

Also : LOOK: 

Video Tutorials can be found here. Anyone interested in Reaper Check out these Videos. There are some great Tutorials here. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq297H7Ca98HlB5mVFHGSsQ/videos

Bobby

2017/11/24 01:54:16
rtucker55
I'm still a couple of updates behind, by plan, as it seems to be the most stable for me. Really, there is not that much I have to do, in Splat, that I can't already.

Thanks to the dedication of Craig and other forum members allowed me to still get by in Splat. I think the handwriting has been on the wall for a while now so it comes as no major surprise to me. I just hope all those affected will be taken care of and can accept there is a reason for everything.

We Will ALL continue to grow!

Kind regards,
Rick
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account