• Software
  • It's like this in the gaming industry.
2017/11/22 17:33:38
kitekrazy1
 EA is where games go to die.

They killed off the Command and Conquer series.  Mass Effect will be no more.

There's also Square Enix that dropped development of the latest Hitman game. I do believe it is being picked up. They also ruined Just Cause.

Part of it is developers probably didn't play the previous games and figured out what worked. 

Call Of Duty and Grand Theft Auto always sell and they don't stray far from the formula.

The worst development has to be in the gaming industry. Other industries like DAWs try to make the best use of resources.

Most modern games are no longer under 30gb loaded with videos and require boutique systems to run some of them. Most of that is video card requirements.  The $300+ video card can be obsolete due to poor development in a few years. 

2017/11/22 20:05:21
Fog
pro audio industry has been up in the air for years.. it's really not a recent thing..

2 big uk retailers went under, digital village and turnkey (dv247 is thomman owned though now)
steinberg was bought by yamaha
cakewalk by roland then gibson

avid bought op a few .. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avid_(company)

then there is
http://www.inmusicbrands.com/

go back to 2000.. and yer emagic got bought out by apple

the game maker "rare" was originally "ultimate".. then nintendo bought em.. these days they are owned by MS..

as for game studios, my friend worked for   psygnosis who got bought out by sony then they sold it to acclaim.. and didn't even move desk..

atari is basically just re-sold for it's IP .

2017/11/23 02:07:42
Fleer
Half-Life 3.
Just sayin'.
2017/11/23 03:37:30
TerraSin
The difference is that gamers don't generally rely on the game companies products to make a living. Many of us use Sonar as a means of paying bills and putting food on the table.
2017/11/23 03:49:55
cclarry
And THAT is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGEEE difference!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account