2015/04/09 00:50:10
mrhodes100@aol.com
Please look at improving touch. I use a 23' ACER touch screen with Sonar Platinum and It feel and look like I got a console in front of me even better it looks just as good or better then that other name brand setup. Cakewalk you got a good thing don't let it fall off to the side.  

2015/04/09 09:59:12
Brando
+1
It's disapointing to move a fader with touchscreen and then have to use the mouse to right click. Hold to right click works for everything else outside of my touch-enabled DAW.
2015/04/09 11:27:42
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
"touch" in general (not how it is implemented in Sonar) is the first evidence that evolution (in case you believe in it) is reversible ... everytime when I have to use it because I left the mouse somewhere and now have to drive my Acer tablet using touch "capabilities" it just drives me nuts ... it's such a waste of time ... on cell phones we have to live with it (although don't you remember the days where you could call someone quickly???) ... but on professional equipment I wouldn't shed a tear if it just disappeared ...

so now feel free to hit me for being a disbeliever, but I won't take the bait and won't response ... I just wanted to say that I consider it a wasted effort for professional DAW software and hence vote against further $$$ wasted there

2015/04/09 12:21:11
pwalpwal
correct me if i'm wrong, but the big touch push was x1, and there have been no changes (not including bugfixes) to that since then? oh how i wish the x series had been named "sonar touch"...
2015/04/09 14:59:15
gswitz
Touch was added in fly out eq and the new touch keyboard since x1.
2015/04/09 14:59:40
Brando
FreeFlyBertl
"touch" in general (not how it is implemented in Sonar) is the first evidence that evolution (in case you believe in it) is reversible ... everytime when I have to use it because I left the mouse somewhere and now have to drive my Acer tablet using touch "capabilities" it just drives me nuts ... it's such a waste of time ... on cell phones we have to live with it (although don't you remember the days where you could call someone quickly???) ... but on professional equipment I wouldn't shed a tear if it just disappeared ...

so now feel free to hit me for being a disbeliever, but I won't take the bait and won't response ... I just wanted to say that I consider it a wasted effort for professional DAW software and hence vote against further $$$ wasted there

don't know how much you've used touch in Windows on a nice big monitor (27" here), but it definitely isn't a step backwards, but I wouldn't see it as the best approach for everything either. Where it shines in Windows 8 here, is for photo editing, sorting, culling, cropping. Basic management of photos, where the user interface is just like (and better than) the real world analog - grabbing a photo off of a stack, bringing it to the center of the workspace, resizing it, cropping it, performing simple edits, etc, all naturally without any mouse manipulation - it's very natural because it mimics the same processes you would do with the real photos and the real stack on a real desk. (With the added benefit of being able to easily drag the photo to resize it.)
In SONAR, I have my touch screen monitor dedicated to console view, and basic control of the faders is ok though not perfectly implemented for touch accessibility. But the way it is currently (without right click as a simple example) makes it more trouble than it's worth here, because you have to resort to using the mouse for most actions (see previous post). As soon as I go back and forth between touch and my mouse a couple of times my hand just ends up staying on my mouse. Whether or not touch is a good idea for a "Pro" DAW application remains to be seen, as I see this thread as a friendly nudge to Cake to keep the development coming so that users can decide for themselves. I still think it should be great, because where I have seen touch working effectively it's great.

2015/04/12 23:57:03
Kamikaze
Touch screen is pretty much unusable for me in Sonar, as sonar is designed to just work in display setting 'smaller', which makes everything too tiny on my Full HD 15.6" laptop.

Don't get a touch screen laptop, if you want it just for Sonar. Even workarounds are are met with inconsistencies.
2015/04/12 23:57:14
Kamikaze
Touch screen is pretty much unusable for me in Sonar, as sonar is designed to just work in display setting 'smaller', which makes everything too tiny on my Full HD 15.6" laptop.

Don't get a touch screen laptop, if you want it just for Sonar. Even workarounds are are met with inconsistencies.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account