2015/04/10 06:06:49
Jyri T.
If you use Sonar-only VST's in the BC Patchwork in Sonar, it gives you a "This plug in only works in Sonar" error message. Could you change this so that you could use all VST's in Sonar - even within the Patchwork?

Please?
2015/04/10 06:28:03
Wookiee
This is more feature request than a error report will move to the feature request forum.
2015/04/10 08:24:14
BobF
Jyri T.
If you use Sonar-only VST's in the BC Patchwork in Sonar, it gives you a "This plug in only works in Sonar" error message. Could you change this so that you could use all VST's in Sonar - even within the Patchwork?

Please?

Better yet, do away with this Sonar Only practice altogether.  It's weak IMO
2015/04/10 11:37:43
Doktor Avalanche
The idea is it's tied to the product so it adds value (it's exclusive).

There are plenty of third party VST's that probably do the same thing. If cakewalk untied their VST's not only would Sonar look less attractive (maybe) they would have to give resources to supporting other environments. This would probably be doable for a fee, it would not come free.
2015/04/10 14:10:01
Kylotan
It doesn't add any value, it just subtracts it from any other DAW you might own now or in the future.
2015/04/10 14:25:50
Doktor Avalanche
The reason why I mostly avoid Pro Channel...
2015/04/10 14:46:25
scook
AFAIK, the only plug-ins locked to SONAR are provided by 3rd parties. I doubt Cakewalk would have a problem adding the regular retail versions to their DAW, the manufacturers provide locked versions. I do not know how the lock is implemented but expect it might require some changes from Blue Cat, the plug-in manufacturer or purchase the retail version of the bundled plug-ins.
2015/04/13 10:11:55
BassDaddy
There was a time when we were supposed to use the DX plug version in SONAR. Has that changed with all the updates of the last year? I have kind of forget about it but I like the idea. I need to start playing with it again.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account