• Software
  • Arturia V Collection 5 Software Instrument Bundle?
2017/11/20 19:30:30
amiller
I guess I'm on a soft synth kick.  I'm dig'n Synthmaster and the add on packs I purchased.

So now I'm eying Arturia V Collection 5 instrument bundle.  What can you guys say about this package?
2017/11/20 20:08:41
pwalpwal
it's great for all the trad vintage stuff, a bit heavy on the cpu, but you'll have lots to play with = "recommended"
2017/11/20 20:14:13
synkrotron
I'm biased... So I would of course say that the Arturia stuff is awesome...
2017/11/20 20:19:21
Glyn Barnes
Excellent stuff, particularly now they have larger interfaces. The Synclavier V is a favorite of mine as it quite different to anything else. Don't overlook the organs, e-pianos and the grand piano in the package, they are very good with some interesting sound design features, the Hammond for example lets you modulate the drawbars with LFO's step sequencers or envelopes which can sound really cool.
2017/11/20 20:23:18
amiller
synkrotron
I'm biased... So I would of course say that the Arturia stuff is awesome...

I'm curious, why do you write "I'm biased?"  In what way are you biased?
2017/11/20 20:59:46
synkrotron
amiller
In what way are you biased?

I've been into synth music since the BBC Radiophonic Workshop did the theme tune for Doctor Who... Well, not quite true, as I was probably about five (1965) when I was allowed to start watching that show and the theme tune was composed in 1963. As well as the theme tune, the BBC Radiophonic Workshop created all (I think) of the incidental music too.

I bought Nutbush City Limits in 1973 for one reason only... The synth lead.

I had the brief pleasure of owning a Multimoog (the poor mans Moog) in the early eighties and a Roland Juno 6 and SH101.

I just love synths. I love guitar too, but if I had to choose it would be a good old "classic" synth which is what, in my opinion, the Arturia V Collection represents.

That is why I think I am biased, both towards synths in general and the Arturia V collection.

cheers

andy
2017/11/20 21:08:51
Jeff Evans
I don't have the whole collection but many of the analog synths.  I have also owned the real hardware that most of the Arturia plug-ins represent and I know the sound of them so well.  They sound excellent and so close its not worth the trouble getting into old vintage hardware.  CS80 for example is excellent.

Synclavier V is one I don't own yet but would like very much.  It's not often or never on sale though!  Basically they represent analog synths (except of Syncalvier of course) so if you are making a lot of music that needs that sound then you won't be disappointed. 

The new large GUI's are also excellent.  Can fill your entire 27" monitor if you want!  Makes tweaking them much easier. 
2017/11/20 21:09:28
amiller
Ah, I see.  I'll have to take your recommendation seriously since you've been steeped in it for...ever...LOL!

I'm mostly into guitar instrumental music now (Andy Timmons, Satch, Vai etc.) but I'm also a huge fan of the early prog stuff (Yes, Floyd, Genesis, Kansas etc.) and I also love great synths. 
2017/11/20 22:13:43
synkrotron
Jeff Evans
I don't have the whole collection but many of the analog synths. 

Ah, yes, I should have said the same...

I own the following:-

ARP 2600
CS-80
Jupiter 8
Mini Moog
Moog Modular
Prophet
Oberheim SEM

I bought them one at a time and I don't recall being able to buy a whole load more stuff at the time, andI never bothered to go back and upgrade.

But those are my favourite and, as Jeff says, the V3 GUI's are excellent. The earlier GUI's were a bit of a pain but usable.
2017/11/21 01:14:54
Fleer
Still waiting for a sale on the upgrade to 5. Loving my version 4.
Synkroton, you beat me by one year, cheeky juan.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account