2013/02/17 14:52:18
pipch01
I am using Dim Pro to add choir parts to an accompaniment track for the singers to practice with.  I am currently using the Flute V Legato patch for the sopranos, but I need the flute to play down to a Bb.  Currently, Dim Pro won't let the flute play this because (i'm told) it is is out of a real flutes range.  As this is not a composition, I don't care that it is outside of a real flutes range and just want it to trigger the note.  I hae had to switch instruments to the oboe, but that sounds terrible with my accompaniment track.  Is there any way to adjust this range in dim pro?
2013/02/17 16:14:54
b rock
1).  Find the 'flute v solo.sfz' file.  Mine is in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\Garritan Pocket Orchestra\Woodwinds.

2).  Open it in a text editor.  Notepad will do.

3a).  Add 'lokey=Bb3' to the first <region> line in the file.  It's highlighted in bold below.

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Woodwinds
// Flute Solo (V)
//
//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<control>
default_path=Flute Solo Samples\
// First Note
<group>
trigger=first
<region> sample=FluteC4.wav key=c4 lokey=Bb3

3b).  If you also want the legato response to go to Bb, add 'lokey=Bb3' to this section (the <group> below it) before you save the .sfz file:

// Legato Note
<group>
trigger=legato
<region> sample=FluteC4.wav key=c4 offset=5469 lokey=Bb3

4).  Save the 'flute v solo.sfz' file in the text editor.  Reopen the 'Flute V Legato' program (.prog) in Dimension Pro.
2013/02/17 17:31:01
pipch01
thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account