2015/03/24 21:18:46
icontakt
I posted these ideas back in 2013 and still think they are worth implementing:

1. The strips can be color-coded partly or entirely (depending on the "Show strip colors" setting in Preferences) just like the track/bus strips in the TV/CV. The colors the note icon buttons currently show aren't easily distinguishable.

2. The strips can be either double-row (just like they are now) or single-row. Switching to the latter can obviously double the number of tracks visible in the pane.

3. The default font size of track names should be smaller than now (i.e. the size should be changeable), and the color of the text should be changeable as well. 

4. The track number should have its own column, which can show a user-defined color when the track is selected (as in the TV/CV track/bus strips).

5. The width of the pane is changeable (as is) but the MSR buttons on the far right should be fixed there.

6. [IMPORTANT] Quick Grouping should work on all buttons, including the "Enable/Disable Track Editing" button.

In short, it's just a good copy of the Track View strips, and ideally the pane should look like this:

Thanks
2015/03/25 00:00:07
stevec
+1 to every one of them!   Having the PRV's track pane strips emulate the Track View strips makes a lot of sense IMHO. 

2015/03/27 00:25:25
Susan G
icontakt
<snip>
In short, it's just a good copy of the Track View strips, and ideally the pane should look like this:

Thanks

All excellent ideas, IMO, but this in particular caught my eye. I think it looks much neater and I would much rather have one row per track (expandable with a click) to conserve space.  YMMV, but I don't typically need to know what the track is outputting to when I'm in the PRV.

-Susan
2015/03/27 01:03:53
williamcopper
Agree +1
2015/04/08 23:15:11
icontakt
I think I forgot to add the playback meter in each strip. It will help identify which tracks are currently playing.
Am I asking too much? 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account