• Features & Ideas
  • Better tools for composing to picture and snapping to clips (and other feature requests)
2015/04/09 23:46:46
AudioMech
Wanted to list off a few features I'd like to see in Sonar:
  1. Option to hide muted track lane while in piano roll. Editing new midi makes it hard when whited out notes (control K'd midi track) are still visible.  
  2. What happened to multiple floating kontakt windows? Used to have more than one open at a time in X3. Now only one at a time. I usually run multiple instances of Kontakt 5 in a session. 
  3. Screenset switching takes a very long time. I do not use it now because of this. Seems like it was snappier in X3
  4. Track name linking. I commonly have 16 midi and audio channels per Kontakt instance.  Naming the audio channel and midi channel would be faster if they were linked somehow. If I could just name the midi and the names would propagate to the linked audio channel that I specify. Would make creating templates a lot faster too. 
  5. Better yet, if the track name changed based on the name of the soft synth patch chosen for that midi channel!  
  6. Need snap to clip (similar to pro tools's snap to region feature). I have to do my sound designing in pro tools because it has this feature and Sonar does not (to my knowledge).  Additionally, Pro tools has snap to previous and snap to next region which is helpful too. Overall, Sonar's weak spot is in it's snap functionality when it comes to audio that is not on a rhythmic beat. 
  7. Need better tempo map abilities. Need to select a bar region on the timeline and be able to create a tempo based on that bar region. Similar to Cubase. This is mission critical in scoring videos/tv/cinematics/movies. I can just select a section of video that I want a section of music and it fits a tempo inside that section. 
Sonar has been great for just making music if you're a band, songwriter, dj etc. But it lacks the functionality for composing for media in my opinion.
2015/04/09 23:57:58
scook
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account