2017/08/04 16:48:01
Fleer
Nice find!
2017/08/04 17:31:26
TheSteven
Very nice sounding.
2017/08/04 17:42:23
stevec
To me it sure does sound like Loom and Transfuser.   I've used Transfuser minimally, but Loom is definitely a favorite of mine - it's just "different" from anything else I have.  Not to mention the entertainment factor when watching the partials jump and down.  
2017/08/04 19:02:09
abacab
AIR seems to be running a public beta for a product refresh over at KVR, according to Simon Bangs, product manager.  :-)
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=265&t=484980&start=15

Regarding the resizing the UI artwork, etc., in another thread Simon says:
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=265&t=464819

"We are currently solely working on modernized GUI implementations with full HiDPI support this will be the basis of the next free .8 update. This requires all the artwork to be rerendered in higher resolutions which is a major undertaking."

"I just want you to know this isn't forgotten and is in progress.
It does however require a complete replacement of the current UI and frameworks, which is a major undertaking.
We have paused releasing other products to focus on this."
2017/08/04 21:52:42
kennywtelejazz
Whatever that is that clips sounds very nice .

Kenny
2017/08/06 10:56:14
ZincTrumpet
Nice find abacab. Looking forward to the update.
I have been using Loom, Transfuser and Hybrid a lot so any updates (especially free) would be welcome.

One thing that irks me slightly with these Air plugins is that whenever I use them on a project whichever preset I have selected gets saved as the preset - 1 (or maybe + 1, can't remember exactly). So when I load the project I have to remember to select the preset next to the one that gets loaded. Anyone else notice this or have a solution?

2017/08/06 16:26:09
abacab
ZincTrumpet
Nice find abacab. Looking forward to the update.
I have been using Loom, Transfuser and Hybrid a lot so any updates (especially free) would be welcome.

One thing that irks me slightly with these Air plugins is that whenever I use them on a project whichever preset I have selected gets saved as the preset - 1 (or maybe + 1, can't remember exactly). So when I load the project I have to remember to select the preset next to the one that gets loaded. Anyone else notice this or have a solution?

I really like Loom and Hybrid.  I need to spend as bit more time with Transfuser,  I have watched quite a few videos on it so I realize it is deep and can do a lot, but I just haven't mastered the workflow yet.  Maybe the larger UI will help a bit!

I have never had a plugin saved with a project resume with its preset offset +/- 1, including those from AIR. 

I have had a few other plugins that either cannot resume with the saved preset at all, or even if they have saved the settings, no longer displayed the saved preset name.  But those were known issues that seem to affect all users.  Sometimes it was a matter of the bug being in the VST2 vs. VST3 version of a plug.

So I can't imagine what would cause that, unless you have some unexpected MIDI event sending a patch change event somewhere. 

I have noticed that AIR instruments such as Xpand!2, Hybrid, and Loom respond to MIDI patch change events.  I first observed this when I was trying to play some old general MIDI files with Xpand!2, and the presets I selected kept switching on playback.  I guess when you are working with a GM synth you need to set up your instrument sounds at the beginning of your sequence.
2017/08/06 16:59:49
ZincTrumpet
Thanks for the reply abacab.
Yeah the same thing happens with presets in XPand!2 so it seems to be an Air bug/feature.
I have looked but never found any extraneous MIDI messages being sent to the plugins so it remains a mystery for now.

2017/08/06 17:03:44
abacab
ZincTrumpet
Thanks for the reply abacab.
Yeah the same thing happens with presets in XPand!2 so it seems to be an Air bug/feature.
I have looked but never found any extraneous MIDI messages being sent to the plugins so it remains a mystery for now.

Have you tried the plugins in another DAW?  Is the problem isolated to Sonar only?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account